Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August frugals

August frugals

Thought that I might get this started a little earlier this month than I did in July.

Today for lunch, I am making bean salad with chick peas that I cooked up in my pressure cooker and using fresh beans topped with green onions and cherry tomatoes all picked yesterday from my garden,. Love it when the harvest is coming in.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I finished out August under budget despite paying real estate taxes in part because I pushed my July bills due mid August out and paid them today. One goal for August is to get back on to paying bills as I receive them.

I dropped my Netflix subscription, the one dvd a month plan.

The range of content is best at Netflix more so than any other source
    I can access. But at the moment I am content with crap from Amazon Prime for late night watching via stream when I am tired.

Also, the Hermann library is fun for dvds, I found the latest season of Fargo on the shelf, just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up. Dh and I watch Fargo together.

I still have access to the big city librqry’s dvd collection,and I need to seriously now look i to their streaming video service. There were some interesting titles when I looked a few years ago.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-1-18 at 7:37pm.

We have Amazon Prime and a Fire unit. It pays for the shipping on all the tools and such hubby buys so I consider it free. I am addicted to Youtube. Found all kinds of old movies, British shows, cooking and crafts and everything under the sun. I dont need either cable or any other subscription service.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We have Amazon Prime and a Fire unit. It pays for the shipping on all the tools and such hubby buys so I consider it free. I am addicted to Youtube. Found all kinds of old movies, British shows, cooking and crafts and everything under the sun. I dont need either cable or any other subscription service.
    Yes,
    Imwatch a fair amount on YouTube. People load things illegally andbthey stay there for a bit before removal.

i discovered Youtube movies last week by accident. It is amazing!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Right now I am learning all about Brexit, the Windrush scandal, and watching the Grenfell Fire Inquiry live. Also binged on little house design videos and Marie Kondo organization ideas.

Aug. 01, 2018 Does anyone else find it hard to believe that we are more then 50% into this year!
    --no drive, no spend,
    --like Razz I love bean salad but, sorry for me these days it is from cans and the veggies stands...lol
    made one this morning with a can of chickpeas, black beans (amazing ones from Costco baby organic) and
    a can of green beans (liquid went in soup pot) with a bit of oil and vinegar dressing this will sit is the fridge all
    week. My new weight loss program is at least a 1/2 cup of beans or lentils a day. I change up the salad each day.
    For supper tonight I added leftover chicken, a bit of cooked corn from a fresh cob, cucumbers, and tomato. Very yummy.
    Tomorrow it will be something different.
    --Made a pot of chicken soup from a roasted chicken and added some leftover zucchini noodles and fresh tomatoes
    and of course there will be some for tomorrow and some to freeze. Again like the bean salad if I only make the basic
    I can fix it up different each time. I think good variety in life makes us feel rich!!!
    Of course you can always add some of the bean salad to the soup broth...good flavour and protein.

So far this week I have put up 26 1/2pints of blackberry jam and syrup....from our blackberry patch! It's been there for years, but the neighbor had a tree shading it more each year. They finally took the damn thing down 2y ago And Voila! Blackberries galore. In the past we've had a few handfuls that stretched for the sun.

YUMMY!!!!!!! I'm making low sugar so it's really delish

We've had 2 years of bad gypsy moth infestation, as well as drought, so now a bunch of trees at the edge of my yard have died. While that is sad, my raspberry and blueberry bushes are producing like never before. I used to just get a handful of blueberries, as the birds ate most of them. This year I have 4 gallons in the freezer, and we've been eating them everyday as well as having blueberry pie and cobbler, and I also made a half dozen jars of jam.

Thread Information