Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still taking naps

Still taking naps

So since my breakdown and medical leave i have been taking naps many days. I start my new job tomorrow and I hope that being active at work will mean it just doesn't come up, however I am a little concerned about my energy long term and my mental functions. This new job has a lot fewer tasks to juggle and that is good, just nervous.

I cannot keep my eyes open, gonna rest

Tomorrow is my first day of retirement. Don't worry about your naps, I'll take them for you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, I wonder when it will feel real. Enjoy to orrow! My first week of retirement had perfect spring weather. It was gorgeous! The entire summer was gorgeous, actually,

Good Alan, about 2 in the afternoon, preferablyon the couch but you can take my naps outside on a hammock also

Zoe, I have been dealing with severe family issues around my aging parents, and every time I have come back from seeing them I have been exhausted, and it is hitting again now as I face my husband's health issues and knowing I have to travel back to my parents. I have trouble sleeping at night, and then all day I am so tired that sometimes I can barely make it to the bed by about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I am not a napper, but I think the severe exhaustion is a symption of stress and depression for me.

So hopefully, your new job will help you to "wake up". But don't underestimate how exhausting unrelenting, unbearable stress can be.

Tybee, sorry to hear about your husband’s health issues. When my parents needed help I was younger because I am the baby of the family. Even though I had kids at home I was younger so had more energy.

I feel a great deal of relief that the only health problems I have to deal with actively now are my own, manageable ones. Caretaking is grueling, emotionally and physically. Please do everything you can to take care of yourself.

Congrats Alan!

I can't speak to how the breakdown affects things since, thankfully, I haven't had to deal with that. But I can say that back in 2001/2002 I was unemployed for 10 months and got into a sleep schedule that wasn't compatible with 9-5 employment. Basically I'd sleep 5-6 hours per night midnightish-early morning, get up at whatever time I woke, do job search stuff, go for a long bike ride or roller blade late morning/early afternoon and then take a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon. When I finally went back to work in June 2002 the first couple of weeks were tough. But my sleep pattern eventually sorted itself out. For the first couple of months after I started working again I tended to avoid making weekday evening commitments though so that I could go home and sleep if I felt like I needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Tomorrow is my first day of retirement. Don't worry about your naps, I'll take them for you.
    Enjoy your retirement! I certainly do.

Thread Information