Thread: Give It a 100 (or 20 or 30 ....) Challenge - August 2018

Give It a 100 (or 20 or 30 ....) Challenge - August 2018

In August 2017, a few of us were inspired by the video at the link below. It's the story of a woman who went to the gym 100 times to try to get herself out of a rut. I saw it when George Takei posted it on Facebook along with the question, "What would you like to do 100 times?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Her video was part of a larger movement online called "Give it 100" which, as far as I can tell, is now defunct.

I decided what I wanted to do 100 times was work on my fiction writing at least 30 minutes a day. The times do NOT need to be consecutive. Since I knew I would miss a lot of days here and there, I was aiming to complete my 100 days by January 15, but I actually ended up doing 110 times and finished them in mid-March.

Others joined in at various points - nswef has counted times of a certain number of steps a day and I think has also counted days doing 15 minutes of decluttering and/or some writing. Chicken Lady got 30 days in her studio in November and has also counted swimming and various housekeeping/decluttering tasks.

Anyway, if anybody else wants to join in for 20, 30, 100 or however many times of something, please do!

Doing 100 days of working on my fiction writing was so transformative for me that I am now doing another 100. I'm on #39 and am hoping to finish this 100 by November.

You are doing a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You are doing a great job!
    Aw, thank you, Teacher Terry! The support I get here has made all the difference.

Thread Information