Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First day!

First day!

We went on a field trip, got to know some kids and staff, overall pretty good.

I was surprised that I had some serious sadness about it all, it eased up when I started connecting to people.

A lot less tattoos than DPS, but I could probably add some of my plans. I got used to principals with tattoos no problem, some parents with face or gang tattoos still gave me a start

ZG, I'm glad it was a pretty good day. I think you need to expect that it takes time to feel at home in a new job, so the sadness probably relates to discomfort with the unfamiliar, as bad as that unfamiliar was. Stick with it. Good that you're being honest with your feelings.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It always surprises me how a different school can feel so familiar and yet so different at the same time.
    I understand that sadness Zoe Girl, been there, done that. It did ease up pretty quickly though.

Our school districts have their own distinct personalities. Sometimes I think they are little countries out there with good or bad leaders and good or bad economies.

Yes different personalities for sure. I actually graduated from high school from this district, it covers a huge area geographically. I was in the mountains and the rest of the district is in the metro area.

I already have some things i have noticed and want to work on, the previous director has a lot of organization already set up, so i can use as much of that as i want. Yesterday was all field trip and today i hope to get into paperwork more.

Small world, the student first on the wait list was in my program at my last school last year! I am going to try my best to get him in

It is good to hear about how you are easing into your new situation.

Today was more comfortable, my assistant is really on the same page. He shared that he applied for this job and didn't get it, i appreciate that honesty. It affects the dynamic, like having applied for the supervisor job at my old department 3 times made me a little affected when the old sup didn't know things.

I am even using the past tense for my last job over half the time now,

Awesome!

It didn't feel like Monday, for one of the few times in the last 8 months i didn't lose everything in my system in the bathroom in the morning (sorry if TMI).

Also the nagging depression that lasts until 2 pm didnt seem to be there. I spent the morning doing courses and tests and taking some breaks to be with kids

Sounds fab! I go back to work tomorrow after being off 3 days for a diving vacation. I can't imagine what I'm going to face tomorrow. I'm sure I'm going to get yelled at for something, it's just a matter of what.

Thread Information