Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my daughter is doing so well

my daughter is doing so well

I just wanted to share positive (I am still trying on my 5 to 1 challenge). My oldest child, E, left a really bad situation in the last 2 months and of course I worried. She is pretty depleted from it all. But she is also doing well and her siblings are spending time with her, they are healthy, great people themselves. She went to see her sister and take niece to the pool this week, went hiking with her brother and girlfriend and then today is camping with a friend who is visiting. She also (as women tend to do) got a haircut!! When you have someone around with serious depression you know that is a big deal. She had long stringy hair for a long time, and there was always money for her ex to get a haircut, or some complicated trade where a friend would come cut her hair and barter for something. It rarely worked out. So now she has the cutest short haircut that she loves.

Her job is phone reservations for national parks, and she is an introvert who is getting a little burned out. She can afford to go to 4 days a week with her cheaper rent. However there is an opening in corporate sales and I am going to help her with resume and cover letter. In the past she would not have gone for any new positions, so this is a major step for her. Also it would be fewer calls, more email transactions, so a pace that would be beneficial to her. She is really good at her job, she wins prizes (like a business trip to the Grand Canyon!) so she has a good shot at it.

I also think my son is one of the best, most generous people I know. His rent is super cheap because his girlfriend's parents own the place and charge them a quarter of what rent should be. He offered to pay for her counseling. It makes me want to cry,

I get Zoe it feels soooo good when those you love are in a better place!

Yppej
    How wonderful that she is doing well.

Thanks for the update. Good news!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Great news!

Zoe Girl, your kids supporting each other, with both time and funds, is a great testament to your parenting! Congratulations!
    It is so awesome to see kids that were raised with good values choose to continue to express them as adults.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Thank you all, i know my brother passed down an old car to us when he could have sold it so it runs in the family.

In some areas of the country they would not be seen as suck good kids, maybe that has changed, multiple tattoos, piercings, rainbow hair colors and super long dreadlocks. Not an issue in Denver,

❤️

it is so much easier to be happy when your kids are safe, healthy, and happy isn’t it!

i hope things keep looking up for her.

it has been a good month on the kid front for me. Heart daughter got a good job with health care in her field and I think she will love it. Oldest Dd got a new job with a professionally run outfit, leaving behind a hostile work environment and netting a raise and a week off between jobs. Youngest got a job she seems to be enjoying and moved out of my house.

and I get to see the boy and his wife next week.

Wow CL that is great!

I just went over and helped her with her resume and an outline of a cover letter!!!!

She has not been able to do something like this for a few years, I am super proud.

Thread Information