Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Another box out on the porch waiting for donation pickup. Mostly clothes and some miscellaneous things. Count is probably about 25 items, but I just see the box as gone. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I returned three items of clothing. Total for month: 3.

3 quilts out the door today at Charity group. That's 10 yards of fabric plus the batting. Make a dent in the stash? Oh hell no

Returned two pair of shoes that I bought on-line while bored (gah). Added 4 small purses to donation bag.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    Another can of paint that is so dried up even with paint thinner I think it would not be usable.

The great little purse I got at Savers prompted me to get rid of 2 purses that weren't quite right. One in and two out!
    Oh, DH reclaimed 3 of the 25 books I had culled, so it knocked my 25 down to 22. I'm still pretty pleased that I've gotten rid of 62 books in the recent past. I'm going to try to get that up to 100. I'm sure I got rid of some others this year, but I wasn't counting until recently, so I'll just go with the 62 and try to come up with 38 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Another can of paint that is so dried up even with paint thinner I think it would not be usable.
    Ah yes, that is another whole can of worms I'll need to tackle soon. Good work!

Today out of my teeny tiny home and to the town's Free Box: one Dalmation costume from last year's production (a headband with ears and a spotted tail - some kid in town can use it for Halloween), a Mexican recycled blown glass shot glass with a tiny crack in the lip (can't sell it in the gallery), a bag of sun-bleached wooden dominos I had in a Ball jar on the windowsill for decor (the strong New Mexican sun faded them badly), and an old, well-used sling bag from Patagonia (I got a new one and that is agreat customer service story I'll have to write about when I have more time.

Getting rid of that stuff doesn't make up for some of the stuff of my daughter's that I brought back from Michigan but it makes room for these way more meaningful things. Out four or five things and in with about eight new things, but that's quite okay.

I got an idea for my Halloween costume this year: I am going to be an accident victim because in the last year I now have a cane, a set of crutches, two wrist braces and a little velcro walking shoe (from my latest injury, which I am still wearing because I can't quite comfortably wear my right shoe yet...

So I sold a bread Machine and 5 sets of doggie steps. The 2 dogs pI have left don’t use them. Went through my closet and filled my trunk again. Besides clothes I took all the diplomas and pictures of when the kids were little that were framed into albums and will donate all the picture frames. Next 5 days I intend to hit it hard. I love seeing empty space on my side of the walk in closet. Sometimes DH’s stuff migrates over and I put it back on his side. He actually gave me some clothes of his for the thrift shop.

Got rid of sbout 200 iris rhizomes yesterday, giving them to a friend. I knowmthey eill end up in the ground. Sometimes when Imgive iris away, who knows what happenes to them and usually that is
    OK. These were specially chosen iris.

Thread Information