Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

August Purge

So today DH is in our dirt partial basement to see if he has anything to purge from there since we rented a truck for tomorrow. This weekend I took 2 more trunks of stuff to thrift stores. How is everyone else doing?

You giys are kicking butt!

Yppej
    It's too hot to do much. I threw out one empty box from the basement and DS is giving DB a box for his business's shipping needs each time he visits him, but we have probably 100 still.

The nice thing about here is that it is cool in the AM and then again at night even though it is 90 during the day. So we work in the cooler times although by the time we quit today at 1 was really hot.

Just put out a glass top wrought iron table for free and hoping someone takes it today. Just not working for me, stylistically. Fingers crossed it's gone by tonight, and thanks to my husband for wrassling it out there and agreeing to forego the profit from the garage sale he wants to have.

I used to love to have garage sale but not anymore. I either give it away or sell it online depending on how nice the item is and my mood.

Will be dropping off a sheet set to Goodwill on Saturday, same day as their bi-weekly 1/2 price sale. I bought the sheet set new on sale and only used it once when I realized that 100% polyester is noisy and not comfortable. So it's going to a new home.
    It took me a long time but I've finally learned that even if I lose a few dollars, it's better to re-home something that just isn't workable for me.

Just put out a glass top wrought iron table for free and hoping someone takes it today.
    That's funny. Looking for one for our sunroom.
    Proud of DH...he is going through utility room, garage and shed - installing our old kitchen cabinets in utility room, gathering lumber and doors for Habitat store and tossing all the crap the tenants left behind. We are really getting into re-purposing so we will now have the space to do so.

Yppej
    DS has filled the trash barrel and several bags are waiting to go in after our weekly pickup. The yard waste barrels are also full with more material ready for after next week's pickup, but there will be some room and I am thinking about cutting down one of two adjacent forsythia bushes. It is crowding one of my rhododendrons.

Somebody took the table, so I'm real happy and have to look for something to put out tomorrow.
    Have talked DH into building a new wooden table, so tomorrow we will dissemble an old box spring to see if any of the wood can be repurposed.

Thread Information