Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Today was 100 and exhausting. We got up early and got the truck. Stuff was heavy and I have bad neck and back but we did it. The dump was nasty. The smell was horrible and a bulldozer kept stirring up the dust which wasn’t good for my asthma but mission accomplished. By 3:30 pm we had showered and in our pjs. Tomorrow off to the chiropractor. My yard looks great!

Yppej
    I sometimes will look for the number of someone I've called before in my call logs and noticed they are very cluttered so I am cleaning those up. I also have old texts I should go through. This is nice no lifting decluttering to do in the heat!

I took on a volunteer job as treasurer for a group. This group writes about 5 checks a year, so you see how small this job is.

Anyway, the job came with a huge briefcase of crap. No one had cleaned it out for decades. So I grudgingly organized the mess which resulted in tossing out a 12” high pile of papers and etc. Included in that pile were checks from an account closed 15 years ago.

Why are humans unable to toss obviously useless stuff???!!!

IL, that is bizarre about saving that stuff for so long. Next week tackling our small one car garage.

I bought a travel sewing "case" on wheels, years ago. Never used it because I didn't end up flying out to quilt retreats like I thought I would. Offered it up in my online quilt group. It gets shipped today! (she is paying shipping and I'm simply glad to be rid of it). I rarely impulse buy but this thing got me

I just sold an antique chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL, that is bizarre about saving that stuff for so long. Next week tackling our small one car garage.
    It is thpical. Happened with the teeasury of the lily society, too, a huge briefcase of stuff including financial records from30 years ago. While interesting for historical purposes, we dont need that crap. Yet, the records of our Certificate of Depoist were no where to be found.

Sister & I went to Savers yesterday and dropped off all the books I had recently purged, as well as a lamp and a set of pet food bowls. Today I have culled 25 more books, so that's another pile for a future trip.

Put a nice filing cabinet out on the curb for free. It was picked up. The impetus was that I found a wood filing cabinet at a yard sale. I am now "DEATH CLEANING" ... starting with my office. I spend one hour per day sorting and purging. Hopefully, I will have the office done in a few weeks. I was into all kinds of things and kept instructions and have a pile of recipes that I would like to arrange. It is amazing the things I saved (and embarrassing). The desk top is now clear but the floor is in piles.

Yppej
    More clothes - a shirt that had two buttons fall off. For the life of me I could not get the needle threaded to mend it. I am getting old and losing fine motor manual dexterity. And the shirt never sparked joy to begin with. One of the last batch of bras that I was hacking away pieces of to try to make it comfortable, a failed strategy.

Also got rid of the smallest of my needles.

Thread Information