Thread: Can this possibly be true?

Yes. Turns out Russia is one of the world's biggest exporters of asbestos. A guy's gotta pay back his masters, eh?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

When our insurance company found out our Hermann house has asbestos siding thry refunded nearly one third of our annual premium. Asbestos doesn't dent in hailstorms, and they like that.

It is going to take decades to undue the damage that this administration is doing. The government now wants to allow fracking in the beautiful Ruby mountains as if we don’t already have enough problems with earth quakes. Experts say very little gas and oil exists there but will harm wildlife. It is a huge recreational area that people enjoy. It really makes me angry and sad.

I think Trump is the devil incarnate. I'm wondering if he's trying to destroy the U.S., and then move to another country. He's just plain evil.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I think Trump is the devil incarnate. I'm wondering if he's trying to destroy the U.S., and then move to another country. He's just plain evil.
    I've heard the theory that he's part of a nationalist movement to destroy democracies world wide and replace them with authoritarian regimes. Similar uprisings are underway in Europe. Destroying the environment is just a warmup for him, Stephen Miller, Putin, and the rest of that ilk. I'm kinda glad i'm on the way out.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've heard the theory that he's part of a nationalist movement to destroy democracies world wide and replace them with authoritarian regimes. Similar uprisings are underway in Europe. Destroying the environment is just a warmup for him, Stephen Miller, Putin, and the rest of that ilk. I'm kinda glad i'm on the way out.
    I just checked on my spaghetti squash in the oven. One side looks like Donald Trump and the other side had a cryptic message that said, “Today the squash, tomorrow the world!”

It never was fully banned, I found that in researching it awhile ago, there are several types of asbestos and only the most toxic was banned I believe, others were actually still widely used. It says as much in the article, the article says the U.S. is one of the few countries to place restrictions on it but not fully ban it. But yes this seems like it will allow more asbestos to be out there.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I just checked on my spaghetti squash in the oven. One side looks like Donald Trump and the other side had a cryptic message that said, “Today the squash, tomorrow the world!”
    I hope you can still laugh about this in a few years. Putin's intent is to destabilize the West; I fervently hope he fails, but he's certainly making significant headway.

Thread Information