Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pittsburgh

Ultralight, did you find something to do or do you need more ideas? How long will you be here?

It might be tough to get to the inclines because of last weekend's train derailment at the T station closest to the inclines. I don't know the bus substitutions and it would be a bit of a hike.

Unfortunately I did not get to do much of anything as my bosses and colleagues expected me to go to their silly-ass happy hours and such. I did get to walk down The Strip, try a Primanti Bros. sandwich, stroll by the river, and relax a little bit in a seemingly nice hotel room at The Westin.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

I also spent quite a bit of time with a former colleague. He used to work at OSU but then started working for a private corporation in Columbus. He went to the conference courtesy of his current employer.

But this dude LOOOOOOOVED Pittsburgh! He was like: "I really like it here. I am totally coming back for a couple long weekends!"

I could actually see him moving there.

And truth be told, I liked Pittsburgh too. It has a lot of character and charm.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

We are going to Pittsburgh in Sept. The group got access to PreWWI blast furnace that was saved. Had to sign a special liability waiver to see it.

Well, it definitely has a lot of characters, anyway! Let me know the next time you'll be here. My DH will tell you all about the French & Indian War in mind-numbing detail and we can show you some interesting places.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We are going to Pittsburgh in Sept. The group got access to PreWWI blast furnace that was saved. Had to sign a special liability waiver to see it.
    That is an interesting thing to choose to see,
    I must say,

Iris Lilies, Road Scholar always has very interesting and educational programs. No shopping for them.