Thread: Abundance of niceness

Abundance of niceness

That is how I feel, is that there is an abundance of niceness right now. Some of it is appreciation of niceness, and I really and appreciating the appreciation.

My daughter got inspired to work on her resume, apply for some jobs and, gasp, ask for help! Her good friend from middle school visited and he is working in HR. He took her camping and hiking (niceness) and she took time off to spend with him since at 27 he is already in a divorce (niceness). So instead of feeling beat up by someone doing better in career she got inspired because why? He is so stinkin' nice. Then I went over and worked on her resume and a draft cover letter without her getting defeated, defensive, etc. Mutual niceness.

I just got a letter from the neighbors we had in our last apartment. The lady next door was in her 90's and she loved my son's girlfriend just from saying hi in the hall. Helen gave us a christmas present of candy (and she was Jewish), so we gave her this shawl that I bought extra for a gift. She loved that thing and wore it all that time. Then another neighbor moved in, a young guy from Israel with nothing but a duffle bag. So the son of Helen introduced us so the young guy could borrow a can opener or something. I ended up giving him a lot of furniture when I moved because I didn't want to pay storage and no one wanted to buy them. So he sent me a thank you and I asked him to give my address to Helen's son for when she passed. I just got a card saying she had passed, that she was still using that shawl, and the holiday card my kids gave to her.

Just a dang lot of niceness here!!!

What a lovely change from that viper's nest you just left. Let the niceness abound!

What a nice thing to hear! Happy for you!

Thanks for sharing the nice-a-thon! So good to hear!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Reaping the rewards of kindness and caring

What a great story. Niceness abounds!

Isn't it interesting that it does seem that niceness is contagious? I like to hear these stories of chained events.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Thanks for sharing the nice-a-thon! So good to hear!
    Nice-athon. i like that!

Yes, this is a lot of niceness, and it is genuinely nice stuff, not treacly nice.

Wonderful. It is so nice to hear about all the niceness! Thanks for sharing - so nice of you!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

thanks for sharing this with us. Makes my Monday to hear you are in such a good place.

Thread Information