Thread: goodwill win!!

goodwill win!!

I went to Goodwill on one of my intuitive shopping trips, after my outdoor retreat I starting thinking that I could use some better gear. Specifically a good coat. I found a great Columbia jacket for $10!! Then I found rain pants. Not something I would normally worry about but some people had them on the retreat and they were able to go out more. For $5 they were a steal. Some of these type of jackets are $100 or more, and I was looking at them at the outlet stores but knew I didn't need the jacket yet.

I also got a bag of yarn, what I was going for originally, at $3.

My hubby got a great double Colorado Clothing Co. jacket at the thrift store. He loved it so much, he is keeping a lookout on ebay for another. He does not care if it has a company logo on it.

I've dropped off donations, but I haven't stopped in to shop for a very long time. I'm really overdue for a treasure hunt.

ETA: excellent price on the Columbia jacket, BTW.

''

Last year I got a Columbia jacket at a local thrift store that looked brand new - almost like it had never been worn. I am only assuming that it had been worn. What did I pay for it? $3.00! I love finds like that.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I love going to Goodwill. Found an Aigner bag, brand new with tissue paper still in the bottom. $3.99
    Of course, many times I find nothing but still fun to browse around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    I love going to Goodwill. Found an Aigner bag, brand new with tissue paper still in the bottom. $3.99
    Of course, many times I find nothing but still fun to browse around.
    i had to look up that brand since
    I know nothing about handbags. Wow, they are nice! Beautiful,classic lines.

My husband got me my Coach bags at thrift stores or garage sales. Years ago I found a new Norwegian wool fair isle sweater with pewter clasps for $2.98.

BUT, I do not like going in the big thrift stores.

Oh, I love my rain pants. Good catch! In winter I wear them over thick fleece pants and can go out for hours without getting damp at all. And absolutely essential for biking.

Wow, good buy! I should go to the thrifts before my excursion in September.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yes Kay, you can probably get some things and then save money to get good quality overall.