Thread: Writing a potholder pattern

Writing a potholder pattern

Kinda excited, my class wanted to do potholders in a granny square style. So I needed to write the pattern so there is also a solid back to it. I am working on one that is expanding, basically you can make it as small as 3 inches across or follow the increase pattern to keep making it larger. That means each round of the open granny square and the solid granny square have the same size and same number of stitches. I usually just wing it as I go, so this is a nice challenge.

(PS this means my brain is working pretty good, I am tracking recovery of my brain).

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Dang, you kinda quoted my old sup! His was email or it didn't happen. This one is about 4 inches across. You can just keep going, and join my newsletter list to get more directions!

potholderfront.jpgpotholderback.jpg

Is the backing the same yarn as the outer ring? They look like nice and solid!

(I agree with the ex-supervisor--keep records! I guess he was good for something, after all. )

It is all cotton, you don't want anything but cotton in themorning kitchen. I did make it very tight and with only half double crochet since that is what my students liked. You can make the front more open with other stitches.

My feedback said I was very knowledgable.

( and supervisor should remember that I have all sorts of documentation, but doesn't matter anymore)

Thread Information