Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photographs

Generally I think all of us should keep about 5% of our photos, in any format, and toss the rest.

But back in the early 90s in Wyoming, our neighbors sneaked away in the middle of the night to avoid landlords and late rent. Most of their stuff was in the rental and the landlords told the rest of us to take what we wanted. So it was free day for everybody. The saddest thing was seeing the baby pictures lying on the floor in the dirt.

Once you don’t personally know the people who cares and no one will want them. Or if they do one picture is plenty.,

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

I will say that there isnt anything bad, IMHO, about keeping these family photos we all have in boxes. They do need some sort of organizing principle, usually chronological. Most importantly, they need to be labeled on the back, in pencil, with names of people, approximate dates, and occasions. The context of the photo is so very important in giving it meaning for future generations if it is important to ya’ll to hand them down.
    One of my favorite things to do when visiting grandma's house was to go through the photo box. I can still hear her rattling off twelve wrong names to get to one right name. An aunt took possession of the box and it gets brought to the yearly family reunions. I finally got to make a few copies of grandma and her horse Diamond and grandpa and his horse, Prince; as well as great-grandpa atop a hay wagon with the team of belgain horses. These photos have a place of honor with photos of my own horses throughout my life in frames on my buffet.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    One of my favorite things to do when visiting grandma's house was to go through the photo box. I can still hear her rattling off twelve wrong names to get to one right name. An aunt took possession of the box and it gets brought to the yearly family reunions. I finally got to make a few copies of grandma and her horse Diamond and grandpa and his horse, Prince; as well as great-grandpa atop a hay wagon with the team of belgain horses. These photos have a place of honor with photos of my own horses throughout my life in frames on my buffet.
    those are great images, with the horses!most of us have photos of ancient relatives in more pedesteian (boring) poses.

I do have an image of my grandfather standing in a field of gladiolas, next to a big trophy he won for growing these flowers.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-14-18 at 12:39pm.

Thread Information