Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Minimalist realignment

I just watched the video and it inspired me to declutter some more books, bringing me up to 76. Thanks for sharing UL, although I'm not sure it's fair to blame the sofa on Harlan!

I don’t think Harlan went shopping)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t think Harlan went shopping)
    You never know, with amazon, it's super easy. Even a dog could do it. A while back a friend posted on facebook that she has her computer set up to snap a photo with the webcam and email it to her if there are 3 failed attempts to log in from the lock screen. The computer had just sent her a photo of her cat, obviously standing on the keyboard...

Too funny!

In related news:

"She searched for the ideal tidying boxes here in America but could not find any that brought her and her clients joy," said the KonMari team.
    Kondo collaborated with Apple's head of packaging materials Cecylia Ferrandon on the design of the Hikidashi Boxes, according to FastCompany.
    https://www.dezeen.com/2018/07/27/ma...bottom_block_1

lol, with Apple's head of packaging materials. I told you this spark joy philosophy was potentially about as materialist as it comes. But you get expensive shoe boxes! Remember those shoebox diorama projects from elementary school ...

--

I do like the comfortable minimalist house.
    Trees don't grow on money

In her book she talks about using shoe boxes. That’s sad

"The boxes come in three-piece sets that feature a large, medium and small box. There are four different designs: Clarity, Harmony, Balance and Wonder."

When one begins to expend this kind of energy on defining, achieving, repackaging, and monetizing minimalism, it seems awfully materialistic. And boring.

I guess maybe what I am aiming for here, is something between the very geographically stable "comfortable" minimalist and the geographically flexible-ready to travel-aesthetically minimalistic style of minimalism.

I've never actually thought about the kind of minimalist I would like to be. At this point I'm thinking I'll know it when I reach it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I've never actually thought about the kind of minimalist I would like to be. At this point I'm thinking I'll know it when I reach it.
    If that works for you, more power to you.

I try to be more strategic and think ahead. That is what has worked for me in a variety of endeavors and has worked for me so far in simple living.

Thread Information