Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Minimalist realignment

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I guess maybe what I am aiming for here, is something between the very geographically stable "comfortable" minimalist and the geographically flexible-ready to travel-aesthetically minimalistic style of minimalism.
    I think that's a line only you can determine.

Not suggesting you ditch Harlan, but having a dog restricts anyone's ability to just up and go someplace. You've decided the tradeoff of Harlan's company is worth the restriction he imposes. Similarly, the number of pieces of furniture you have does relate comfort levels with the ability to move those pieces from place to place.

So where is that state for you?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

there's moving and there's moving as well, up and going all over the world is one thing, moving apartments is just: hire some movers to do it for you and even if you have minimal other things they can move big items like a sofa and a bed or any other large furniture. Don't stress with the cost of the movers, it doesn't matter in the scheme of things.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    geographically flexible-ready to travel-aesthetically minimalistic style of minimalism.
    Ready to travel or ready to run? When one travels, one does not take all "stuff" along.....

Son #2 left this morning for NC with his car loaded down. He wasn't even around the corner of the road and I was in his room boxing up things to move to the storage room. His messy room has bugged me the whole last year he's lived at home (it use to be my reading/quiet room). He has too much. I won't toss away (except actual trash) but I will put it all into the storage room in rubbermaid boxes until he comes home at Christmas...meanwhile it needs a deep scrub and to look like a guest room and I need to make room for a full size bed in there.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Float on, you sound like me. I would have done the same thing. Nice to be able to reclaim your space. It’s funny because my current 3 dogs don’t need all the stuff my past dogs did. I have sold 5 dog steps and one dog car seat. I never intend to have more than 2 small dogs so I kept the double car seat. I just remembered I have a dog stroller that I can sell. I bought it when I had a 20lb dog that would cry when I took the younger dogs for walks. So I pushed him in the stroller and he got to go. He had a issue with his back legs and was old with Cushings disease.

Very nice!
    I like that they were able to borrow a lot of things. I have found that very easy to do, just asking around, and I don't even have a ton of friends.

Cool that they are using the extra space to do meaningful stuff (sewing, crafts) that are difficult in a camper

My house is similar, though larger, and we have a lot more clothes and bedding and plants and books. (I laughed when she said the closet looked "kind of crazy". To me, that was so organized!)

Thanks for posting, it was an inspiring video.

This reminds me that I need to organize our bedding -- again. My dogs are hard on blankets and sheets, and I get new but don't get rid of the old. Yikes!

Float on - my DD recently moved out but to a very cramped space. She is using her room here for storage, but I sure wish she had cleaned it up before she left! I figured I'd give it a couple seasons before I crated everything, but that messy room bugs me.

She's only 1/2 mile away, so I'm not having much empty nest syndrome (well, a few tears.)

Thread Information