Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimalist realignment

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I recently sold sofa and loveseat combo and we are loving just having comfy chairs to sit in and i can rearrange the chairs to my hearts content. The sofa/love-seat only fit one way...boring. Sofas are really only good for napping. I hate going to a meeting in someone's house and being expected to squish 3 people on a sofa. Wasted space! Personal space!
    In our Hermann house we have only upholstered chairs, no sofas. I may carry on that tradition once the renovation there is completed.

I do have a sleeping-appropriate sofa at home, and I got one that supports sleep (one with removeable back pillows) because my bulldog will someday be too old and sickly yo climb the stairs to bed, and I will stay downstairs to sleepwith him. I wont want him trying to climb stairs when that day comes.

Would anyone be willing to share photos of living rooms with chairs only? I like that idea, but cannot quite visualize the execution and would love some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Would anyone be willing to share photos of living rooms with chairs only? I like that idea, but cannot quite visualize the execution and would love some inspiration.
    Oh, a high end house here in our neighborhood had four upholstered chairs in a circle in their living room. These were functionally the same as teo loveseats. It was a striking arrangement!

In Hermann I have two chairs flsnking the fireplace, and two chairs against the wall opposite the fireplace. Dont have a photo, sorry. Maybe later.

I am seriously considering replacing my new couch with two chairs, so I went on HOUZZ to check out pictures. https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/4474...without-a-sofa
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

DH and the big dog would cry without having a sofa to lay on). The rooms looked good.

3 others at the moment and it certainly does feel or like like they are on board.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have a small couch from IKEA. But it is Harlan's. I don't use it. It is one of his ten possessions that he is allowed to have as a minimalist dog.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    3 others at the moment and it certainly does feel or like like they are on board.
    ???

fullsizeoutput_1af.jpg

The fan in front of the fireplace keeps both dog and me cool along with AC. I can add the dining chairs and card table chairs for a larger group. Some people like the upright occasional chairs with arms better and some prefer the Lazy Boy designs. It works!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

My princess dog that passed was not a minimalist. She would get cold because she only weighed 5 lbs so had a complete wardrobe. She loved clothes so much that you could wave one in front of her and she would immediately lay down on her back to be dressed like a baby. I gave her clothes away to seniors with little dogs that were low income. I kept one dress to drape her urn. My big dog is a minimalist.

Thread Information