Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minimalist realignment

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Attachment 2426

The fan in front of the fireplace keeps both dog and me cool along with AC. I can add the dining chairs and card table chairs for a larger group. Some people like the upright occasional chairs with arms better and some prefer the Lazy Boy designs. It works!
    That's so pretty!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Our cats are definitely minimalists. They seem to be happy hanging out just about anywhere. One of them's favorite thing is to sit on a square shopping bag. Even if it's just sitting in the middle of the floor.

My favorite part of the video was her description of the kitchen "We absolutely love it." ... "It has running water, which is very different from the van!" Only a true minimalist would consider running water in the kitchen optional.

I noticed the comment about the water too. Razz, your living room is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Attachment 2426

The fan in front of the fireplace keeps both dog and me cool along with AC. I can add the dining chairs and card table chairs for a larger group. Some people like the upright occasional chairs with arms better and some prefer the Lazy Boy designs. It works!
    Thats nice, it looks cozy.

Thanks for sharing, Razz. That looks very nice and inviting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    ???
    Sorry for the typo, that should say "or look like they are on board". I am currently married with older children at home and suffice to say I it's not exactly the living conditions I would prefer. Doing what I can, so I guess that will have to do for now.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Sorry for the typo, that should say "or look like they are on board". I am currently married with older children at home and suffice to say I it's not exactly the living conditions I would prefer. Doing what I can, so I guess that will have to do for now.
    "Hell is other people" -- J-P.S.

Older kids are mess makers too).

Thanks for posting, Ultralight. One thing I noticed is the lack of paper clutter, the bane of existence for us older folks. I'm wondering if their parents are keeping any boxes or file drawers of things like diplomas, birth certificates, school papers, tax returns, etc.

And as has been noted, kids can easily increase the amount of possessions 10-fold. Will be interesting to check in with this couple in a few years to see if any kids or pets are in the household, and what it might look like then.

But I'm very admiring of their lifestyle and it definitely seems to be working for them.

I thought the video said that they had some stuff at their parents but I could be remembering it wrong. I have really been throwing out the paper clutter that I have. Came across a folder of college and work awards so looked at it one last time and threw it away.

Thread Information