Thread: What markers do others define you by?

What markers do others define you by?

This is the other side of the coin from Rob's question about what markers you define yourself by.

What markers do others define you by and how do you feel about them? What do you think of the markers others define you by?

My immediate thought was "NW Native." Maybe because of my last employer...his main displeasure at my leaving was the fact that native hometownies are rare here and valued highly. He really made a big deal about it. Socially, many I talk to did not grow up here and are amazed at the things I tell them. The other day I was talking to someone about a time my mom had me withdraw some money from my bank account because she needed cash and my dad was out of town (and the teller thought I was running away). I said, "Oh he was probably out hunting for DB Cooper." (he was a detective then). I got a funny response to that.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I love, love, love your script flip here! Will post an answer after I spend some time pondering this question posed this way.....intriguing question! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    What markers do others define you by and how do you feel about them? What do you think of the markers others define you by?
    Difficult to say, I am chameleon-like and code-switch with wild abandon. Context is praxis.

People are more respectful of me the last few years. I can’t tell if it’s because I moved into management or because they’re being nice to an old lady. 😄

Thread Information