Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Accountable Capitalism Act

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post

I'd love to see Senator Warren run in 2020! Rob
    I would love to see Senstor Warren run in 2020—on that exact platform.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I had a similar thought. How do you lose to a historically obnoxious opponent who seems to be as estranged from the truth as he is from his ex-wife? Promise to empower the federal bureaucracy to make policy at the detail level for our larger employers on the assumption most voters want that. Add some identity politics on top, and you may just pull it off.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I and the many people I know in Green Gables (my neighborhood in the 85006) agree with you. I understand you don't mean these words the same way I do nor the same way the 85006 does but on the surface anyway, at least we agree on something. Rob

I and the many people I know in Green Gables (my neighborhood in the 85006) agree with you. I understand you don't mean these words the same way I do nor the same way the 85006 does but on the surface anyway, at least we agree on something. Rob
    You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    How can you know this for a certainty? Do they wear a scarlet "R"? Do they have a particular scent? How can you be sure they aren't lurking in your neighborhood?

They can be tricky, you know.
    Other than for some new transplants moving into the Coronado neighborhood of the 85006 - they city gave the Coronado neighborhood Historic Status - the 85006 is almost exclusively blue. It's very simple. You have a low income area, people to some degree discarded by the system, overkill (luckily very rarely is this literal, to be fair) by the Phoenix Police, a population that may not overall be very educated but has enough common sense to see the truth about how little human life means in America due to the lack of socialized medicine - WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Former in all caps because in the 85006 we hold the truth of what I am about to post as both self evident and extremely basic fact: To vote Republican is to vote against yourself, your people, your social class, the 85006, Human Rights, Human Dignity, and any real hope for anything resembling an equitable society. Of course the 85006 is blue other than for the recent transplants in the Coronado neighborhood. Definitely not Pura/Puro 85006 over to Coronado. Rob

Other than for some new transplants moving into the Coronado neighborhood of the 85006 - they city gave the Coronado neighborhood Historic Status - the 85006 is almost exclusively blue. It's very simple. You have a low income area, people to some degree discarded by the system, overkill (luckily very rarely is this literal, to be fair) by the Phoenix Police, a population that may not overall be very educated but has enough common sense to see the truth about how little human life means in America due to the lack of socialized medicine - WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Former in all caps because in the 85006 we hold the truth of what I am about to post as both self evident and extremely basic fact: To vote Republican is to vote against yourself, your people, your social class, the 85006, Human Rights, Human Dignity, and any real hope for anything resembling an equitable society. Of course the 85006 is blue other than for the recent transplants in the Coronado neighborhood. Definitely not Pura/Puro 85006 over to Coronado. Rob
    you keep ignoring my question about historic status for your neighborhood. If you dont want to a ser just say so.

But until then I will continue to ask: is “historic status” some kind of prize that you think is desireable?

All Democrats are not poor. Far from it. Look at movie stars, etc. Most of my friends are middle class and democrat well educated professionals. I think as a group the more wealthy democrats care about the less fortunate. Whereas many republicans say I used hard work to get where I am today. Well yes and no. Many poor people work hard too. Everyone born here is better off upon birth than people born in Africa. We all enjoy some privilege and some more than others.?

Yes and no to historical status as then you need permission to do things to your property. Although, it does keep people from tearing down the homes and building McMansions.

you keep ignoring my question about historic status for your neighborhood. If you dont want to a ser just say so.

But until then I will continue to ask: is “historic status” some kind of prize that you think is desireable?
    I have not meant to ignore you nor to evade you. Just been busy and when I get here I'm often tired. But I will address this here and now. Historic status is a mixed bag - with it comes higher property values (good for those fleeing to Mexico or wherever else) but yet higher property taxes (though the rates we pay in Phoenix are laughable say to the rates paid in the NE, in particular in PA, NY, and NJ). The big pull of historic status is the fact that we believe we'd be safer from law enforcement - but it's a double edged sword, really, as Historic Status means gentrification, which means dilution of all that makes the 85006 desirable and worth living in - the Pura/Puro of the 85006 that you are not going to find in a higher income area. The sense of community would be lost too, and the neighborhood would become more American and thereby more difficult to live in.

What I'm trying to say is that Historic Status is not all it's cracked up to be, but......it would mean more safety from law enforcement, and with some media attention/social media attention/protesting maybe more money for 85006 schools. So from a safety perspective and/or a focus on the very young it's not a bad thing but it would kill off that which is good in the hood. I am ambivalent on this one....if I wasn't so terrified of United States Police Officers and their insane level of disrespect for the law and their insane level of militarization, I'd probably be against it, to be honest. Rob

Rob, the good thing about your neighborhood increased property values is that people could sell, move to a LCOL , pay cash for a house l bank money for retirement if they wanted too. Could be a real win for some people. It could make the difference about being able too retire.

Thread Information