Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Accountable Capitalism Act

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I don't know all the inns and outs of this potential legislation, but the word in the 85006 is that such is long overdue. I've been very busy the past few days but later today I will look into the specifics of this Act. And I'll post more once I know more. But so far what I'm hearing from those in the know in the 85006 is only positive.....just to give you'all an idea of lower income American thinking, thinking that is instinctive to myself also even with my higher checks and savings bridging me further away - at least temporarily - from homelessness and the truth about America and what it truly is all about. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Jesus was an asshole. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", is just another way of saying: I'm first, someone hand me a rock.
    It's a good thing we don't work together, TMS - if you uttered that anywhere near me in the workplace, I'd write you up so fast you wouldn't have seen it coming, and I'd recommend termination to those with the power above me to do so. This really is going too far, even coming from you and even considering the not inconsiderable friction between us over the years. I could let this go if it were just me but in case there are other believers here, I have to say something......and is this what this board is about now, the freedom to condemn religious figures (of any stripe, I'd be just as up in arms if the above slammed the Buddha or the Prophet Mohammed instead)? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't know all the inns and outs of this potential legislation, but the word in the 85006 is that such is long overdue. I've been very busy the past few days but later today I will look into the specifics of this Act. And I'll post more once I know more. But so far what I'm hearing from those in the know in the 85006 is only positive.....just to give you'all an idea of lower income American thinking, thinking that is instinctive to myself also even with my higher checks and savings bridging me further away - at least temporarily - from homelessness and the truth about America and what it truly is all about. Rob
    Dude. This 85006 stuff makes no sense. I used to live there! Lots of Republicans there too. It ain't like Phoenix is Cuba!

It's a good thing we don't work together, TMS - if you uttered that anywhere near me in the workplace, I'd write you up so fast you wouldn't have seen it coming, and I'd recommend termination to those with the power above me to do so. This really is going too far, even coming from you and even considering the not inconsiderable friction between us over the years. I could let this go if it were just me but in case there are other believers here, I have to say something......and is this what this board is about now, the freedom to condemn religious figures (of any stripe, I'd be just as up in arms if the above slammed the Buddha or the Prophet Mohammed instead)? Rob
    This is very interesting.

I dont think I agree with TMS’ interpretation of this famous biblical quote. But that doesn't matter because I can just ignore it, I dont have to dwell how it offends me or IF it offends me.

Why cant you ignore it? Are you really now a warrior for all “believers?”

And most interesting, you would terminate someone at work for expressing what might well be seen by EEOC bureaucrats as a termination on religious grounds? Wow. It probably is a good thing your employer gives you only the power to recommend firing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This is very interesting.

I dont think I agree with TMS’ interpretation of this famous biblical quote. But that doesn't matter because I can just ignore it, I dont have to dwell how it offends me or IF it offends me.

Why cant you ignore it? Are you really now a warrior for all “believers?”

And most interesting, you would terminate someone at work for expressing what might well be seen by EEOC bureaucrats as a termination on religious grounds? Wow. It probably is a good thing your employer gives you only the power to recommend firing someone.
    There is no tolerance for discrimination or disrespect for any religion in my workplace.....and termination is not my decision, but if I let this go and did not write up a temp for expressing such on the clock, it can come back to me and make trouble for me. Just best to not mention religion in non-derogatory ways if at all. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Dude. This 85006 stuff makes no sense. I used to live there! Lots of Republicans there too. It ain't like Phoenix is Cuba!
    I live very close to the Food City off of 21st Place and McDowell Road - there are no Republicans in this neck of the woods. It could be argued over to the Coronado area there are some Republicans but there are people who don't really fit into the 85006 and are typically only there due to the close proximity to downtown. I don't know exactly where you lived but in Green Gables (the neighborhood name the city came up with for us I believe back in 2004) there are no Republicans and we are Pura/Puro 85006. Rob

There is no tolerance for discrimination or disrespect for any religion in my workplace.....and termination is not my decision, but if I let this go and did not write up a temp for expressing such on the clock, it can come back to me and make trouble for me. Just best to not mention religion in non-derogatory ways if at all. Rob
    Well, I agree with you that it is “best not to mention religion ...at all” in the workplace ( I think you mean “ best to not mention religion in derogatory ways “ —that double negative gives a positive) but disciplinary action or firing someone for expression of a religious idea could be a problem for the company. Are you able to see what I am talking about? Are your “write ups” vetted by someone before the write up becomes a done deal?

I think writing someone up for verbally expressing a religious belief is a bad idea.

I live very close to the Food City off of 21st Place and McDowell Road - there are no Republicans in this neck of the woods. It could be argued over to the Coronado area there are some Republicans but there are people who don't really fit into the 85006 and are typically only there due to the close proximity to downtown. I don't know exactly where you lived but in Green Gables (the neighborhood name the city came up with for us I believe back in 2004) there are no Republicans and we are Pura/Puro 85006. Rob
    How can you know this for a certainty? Do they wear a scarlet "R"? Do they have a particular scent? How can you be sure they aren't lurking in your neighborhood?

They can be tricky, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I think writing someone up for verbally expressing a religious belief is a bad idea.
    Yeah. Look at that Colorado Inquisition that went after the baker.

Thread Information