Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Accountable Capitalism Act

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

Personally, I like living in a slightly more free and ruthless society. I like Twinkies too.
    Paraphrasing Jesus again, LDAHL? Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Paraphrasing Jesus again, LDAHL? Nice!
    I’ve been accused of worse things than being insufficiently Christlike.

Williamsmith
    “Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, We have assumed control.”

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    “Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, We have assumed control.”
    Who has control now?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’ve been accused of worse things than being insufficiently Christlike.
    Well, I guess the only one you need to worry about accusing you of being insufficiently Christ-like is Jesus himself. So no biggie.

I am just really dubious that Jesus would have advocated for a "ruthless" society. But I ain't no Biblical scholar. And I ain't no Christian. However, I am technically a Catholic, just like you if memory serves.

Maybe Jesus meant to get ruthless when he said: "I come not in peace, but with a sword..." (Matthew 11:34). Yeah, I bet that is what he meant.

Who has control now?
    The space lizard overlords. Don’t you follow the news?

Well, I guess the only one you need to worry about accusing you of being insufficiently Christ-like is Jesus himself. So no biggie.

I am just really dubious that Jesus would have advocated for a "ruthless" society. But I ain't no Biblical scholar. And I ain't no Christian. However, I am technically a Catholic, just like you if memory serves.

Maybe Jesus meant to get ruthless when he said: "I come not in peace, but with a sword..." (Matthew 11:34). Yeah, I bet that is what he meant.
    I was thinking more ruthless in terms of having fewer of the sharp edges filed off life than some other societies demand. As to my general sinfulness, I’m hoping for some wiggle room at my performance evaluation.

There won’t be one No worries)

I was thinking more ruthless in terms of having fewer of the sharp edges filed off life than some other societies demand.
    people do I think get addicted to the pain sometimes ... another round of american roulette ..... but a game played for all or nothing isn't even fun (fun like running from a wolf is fun ... well ...) anymore for those for whom it's always nothing.
    Trees don't grow on money

Jesus was an asshole. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", is just another way of saying: I'm first, someone hand me a rock.

Thread Information