Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to use instead of Rolodex for my arthritic hands?

What to use instead of Rolodex for my arthritic hands?

I have lots of cards in our Rolodex. It's a pain to try to get to the card I need, with my arthritis and constantly splitting end of fingers. Any suggestions for alternatives?
    I'm thinking if there is some sort of booklet that has cards in it that fit under plastic? Oh.....how about a business card booklet? I'd want the openings to be about the size of the cards in my rolodex. It would be nice to be able to take them out easily too.
    Any better ideas than that?

Thanks!

Why do, you still keep this data in non digital format?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why do, you still keep this data in non digital format?
    I moved to digital....and can't find it all. I'll scan a card and not put it in addresses. Two laptops have different ones, as well as the desktop.
    When I need an address...I call my mom and she flips through her rolodex. Some of us are just not up to date or organized in the newest way. When I had a rolodex (a big round one) I loved the feel of flipping through it to find a card.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I have phone numbers in my phone but addresses in my address book. So easy.

I prefer written addresses and phone numbers in my very small address book that I keep in my purse. No way do I want to have to retrieve that stuff from a phone. We were out with my niece who worked for Apple, and I could get a phone number faster than she could, with her iphone, using my little book.

I have an organizing client - she likes to use a recipe box and cards for her contacts. The cards are 4x6, so easy to read and hold lots of information.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I want something separate from the computer, 'cause sometime I take the card to another room. The recipe box would still be hard for me to find the card with my bad fingers.......just like the problem I have with my recipe box cards!
    I did think of something like an address book, but if something changes, I would have to cross things out and after awhile it would be a mess.

So far, I'm leaning towards a business card booklet. I don't trust the computer to not lose things. And if we lost power (which we occasionally do), I couldn't access it. Then again, I would be in trouble with many other things if we lost power/computer.......like all my bill paying and banking.

With a address book you can just rip out the pages that get messy. I have had the same one for 30 years.

I have many lists of contacts in several formats. I am not saying that digital is THE way to go, but neither am I complaining about pain in manipulating paper record systems.

Speaking of records, what I found useful this year was data stored as attachments to emails, using an IPAD. I create a lists or database on my computer and send it via email to myself.

Now, I do not have cellular service for this IPAD,so I have to be at a place that provides wifi, but that worked. For instsnce, I needed access to my iris and lily spreadsheets and was able to open those spreadsheets while I was at hotels and Missouri Botanical Gardens.

Yppej
    Google doesn't sync all that for you? It annoys me with calendars and reminders I don't want among otherthings.

Thread Information