Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to use instead of Rolodex for my arthritic hands?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I want something separate from the computer, 'cause sometime I take the card to another room. The recipe box would still be hard for me to find the card with my bad fingers.......just like the problem I have with my recipe box cards!
    I did think of something like an address book, but if something changes, I would have to cross things out and after awhile it would be a mess.

So far, I'm leaning towards a business card booklet. I don't trust the computer to not lose things. And if we lost power (which we occasionally do), I couldn't access it. Then again, I would be in trouble with many other things if we lost power/computer.......like all my bill paying and banking.
    Given what you've said, I agree that something like this would be best for you. https://www.staples.com/Cardinal-Bus...product_418924
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Speaking of Rolodexes (Rolodices?) I had need to order a quantity of replacement cards for the small one on my desk. They came---and they are a flimsy version of the old ones. They aren't what I would say are "cards" at all. Not much thicker than regular copy paper. Sheesh, nothing's good as it once was.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Google doesn't sync all that for you? It annoys me with calendars and reminders I don't want among otherthings.
    Younare right,
    I should load these documrnts into google docs. Imactually just got that App two weeks ago on my
    IPAD.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Speaking of Rolodexes (Rolodices?)
    wouldn't the plural, if not rolodexes, just be rolodice?

I gave away my ancient rolodex, went to the dollar store and bought an old-fashioned address book. Truth be told, half the names in my rolodex were no longer valid or necessary to keep.

Contacts app on my phone has it all.

At work I have one paper file with about a dozen pieces of paper in it - fits beside my laptop in the briefcase. Everything else is digital. My office is my laptop. There’s several physical rooms I share with others, for physical space. But it’s all digital - I manage about 150 people.

At home I have 3 small expandable files - total of about 10 inches deep total. No other paper. Everything else is digital on my personal laptop and in the cloud. No desk. No file cabinet.

I’m the wrong person to ask I guess!

If we ever have a complete electrical grid and internet collapse, I’m done for. But then so is everyone else.

All electronic here, too (of course). The cloud syncs contact information between my laptop and my phone. ONE system, one place for changes, and changes are everywhere. I've set it up so I have local versions of the information (that sync upon changes) so I don't need Wi-Fi or a cellular signal. Not suggesting that as a solution for CL but I see concerns about electronic storage that simply don't have to exist if things are set up appropriately.

I did think of something like an address book, but if something changes, I would have to cross things out and after awhile it would be a mess.
    Blank self-adhesive labels are sold in many sizes; it would be easy to cut out a label the right size and paste it over the now-obsolete entry for re-use. One package of labels probably would cover a lifetime of updates in an address book.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

When my phone died I was glad I wasn’t all digital. I have a paper calendar in my kitchen with my aps. I tried using the phone calendar but would forget to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When my phone died I was glad I wasn’t all digital. I have a paper calendar in my kitchen with my aps. I tried using the phone calendar but would forget to look at it.
    That’s why you back up your contacts! I back up to iCloud, but Google syncs for Android users.

My phone is simply a physical portal to my data in the cloud. My phone dies - I get a new one and download all my data and lose nothing.

Thread Information