Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Easing back in

Thanks for the encouragement.

i’m starting to feel like things are getting better in a lot of areas, but i’m a little afraid it’s because i’m not paying attention to other areas where things are about to fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement.

i’m starting to feel like things are getting better in a lot of areas, but i’m a little afraid it’s because i’m not paying attention to other areas where things are about to fall apart.
    Everything in its own time. Those areas that are getting better are obviously ones that are important and need the attention. Have faith that when the time comes, you will turn your attention to those other areas. Good for you in the accomplishments so far!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

One of the women in my hoarding support group has a volunteer position in an organization. She forgot to schedule a speaker for their monthly meeting. No reason, she just didn’t think about it. She was busy cleaning out her kitchen. That’s the sort of thing I’m afraid of.

CL, And did the speaker being not scheduled do any harm? Generally what we forget is not unforgivable or very important in the overall scheme of things. Try to enjoy the "getting things done" and not dwell on what might happen while you are focused on what needs doing. Easy to say, I know!

So, I just realized the 8 weeks of my 8 week plan were over this past weekend.

so, how did i do?

work - classes are going well, just added a new one, one major project done another closing out

class - continuing to rake classes with mixed results, but enjoying them

keep trying to make progress on the house/barn/yard - mostly the house, but other areas aren’t too bad

Volunteer at the food bank 3 weeks a month (skipping the Monday my parents visit, the September Monday I have a doctor’s appointment, and maybe one more Monday in October) - done
    2 concerts - plus a ballet!
    a visit with my parents - enjoyed
    pottery - still struggling to focus enough time on this, but doing better
    applesauce - 21 quarts. Not what I wanted, but a lot more than the none I made ast year.

in addition to this I am attempting to add a structured exercise routine in which I do yoga at home with dh two mornings a week and swim after school two nights a week. The nights I swim, I will not make dinner. - doing pretty well with this.

i am thinking about a next 8 week plan to get me to Christmas. I may start a new thread. It seems like about the right amount of time. Possibly because my spiritual life revolves around the seasons of the year, so I am thinking “roughly Samhain to solstice” which feels less stressful than “Halloween to Christmas”

Bravo CL! Not only did you accomplish many things, you maintained others. You should be bursting with satisfaction. I love the Samhain to solstice plan. If I were you I would keep all the same goals and just get farther along. Is DH enjoying the yoga or is it a chore?

Dh likes the yoga. Some days we skip it because one of us has too much to fit into the morning or he has to be at work too early, but he tries to get up in time to fit it in even on early days.

it is 49 nautical miles from my hometown to the mouth of the Potomac river. I’ve set a goal to virtually swim it by the end of the school year. I love my iron tablets. It is amazing to be able to swim long distances again and get out of the pool feeling good!

i won’t take any more classes in the winter, but I have 5 1/2 weeks left in this one.

i’ll be Traveling to see ds along with some other social activities

but it is too late to make more applesauce.

I also plan to cut to cut back on food bank visits because tis the season when they have a lot of volunteers and I am more busy.

Thread Information