Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: using my experience to teach

I can't find the threads in the MMM that everyone is talking about, so I can't form an opinion about the training of that therapist or how it impacts perception of therapy in general.

Ted Bundy majored in psychology at UW, FWIW.

Geila
    Therapy can be a life saver for many people (it probably was for me), so I don't want to get on a therapy-bashing mentality. But it's a shock to realize that therapist oversight is so lax and that safety measures are not in place to protect clients/patients from unqualified therapists.

Tybee (and anyone else), if you pm me I will provide the link for the thread. I don't want to post it publicly, although if someone else does it's okay with me. But since I keep talking about it it seems disingenuous to not provide it so that others may join in the conversation.

Thank you, Geila, found it and have been reading. I think (hope) that this person and her original therapist are outliers. I have been to therapy a fair amount and never had anyone quite as bizarre as her original therapist, and I've had a couple of not great therapists. I would not in any way take this MMM thread as typical of therapists, the therapeutic process, or what kind of help therapy can provide. It really saddens me that this person is out there promoting herself as a therapist, as the whole thread seems chock full of boundary and ethics violations.

And of course, that is just my opinion, and I wish her the best, I just would not find her suited to being a therapist, and I think her therapist is dangerous. Again, just my opinion.

Geila
    Tybee - I'm sorry, I should have offered earlier. I feel bad that you had to search for it, there's so many threads over there.

I'm glad that you guys are as surprised by this as I am. Everyone on the thread is cheering her on and celebrating when she gets to see clients by herself.

Geila, no guilt I told her how to find the thread. I would have reported her to the college if I could have found her in real life and if they didn’t already know.

Thread Information