Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
I had been doing this over the summer... trying to get through stuff in the pantry. I used to stock up really well and then hardly use what I had. I think I need to reorganize the pantry again, use what I find and actually make a list of what we use and how much I want to keep on hand. Thanks for the reminder.
Happystuff, some time ago a thread woke me up to the necessity of using up what I had on hand which I have been doing.

I started to make a list and then found the perfect PDF list http://www.grocerylists.org/ultimatest/ that I could easily modify and print out. I didn't make a separate print for each shopping trip but placed my copy in a plastic sleeve to review. I have really made a difference in my shopping with the new 'revised for my needs' list.

I quickly check what my supply on hand is at present and have found forgotten purchases. I try to replace only as I run out these days as the Best Before dates seem shorter to me.
It sounds as though your grocery bill is well managed but I have gained some savings doing this plus need less storage space.