Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Marie Kondo

Take a picture of the bedroom set. Obviously he didn’t get rid of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Take a picture of the bedroom set. Obviously he didn’t get rid of it)
    For the past 30 years it has lived in his dad’s farm house. Yeah, I will take a photo one of these days. It js a pretty cool old thing. He got it at a farm auction decades ago, when he was single. I used my power of p*ssy to, before we got married, get rid of yhe hideous sets of furniture he had. I knew instinctively that if the stuff didnt leave then, I would hsve to live with it the rest of my life.

Also, it is much easier to move into a house where bedrooms are on the first floor , our Hermann house, than in our .victorian house with stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Or thrift stores
    God, yes. Mugs for 50 cents there.

When we downsized we didn’t even look at 2 story homes. I wanted one where we could age in place.

although if you are that obsessed with your mugs even ... wow. Furniture maybe, heck even pots and pans perhaps, but mugs ...

I just have glasses from bed bath and beyond and it's good enough for me, permanently.
    Trees don't grow on money

I am a potter. I have strong feelings about every mug in my house. In some cases they are dh’s mugs and the feeling is loathing.

Yppej
    Good luck to her finding a boyfriend to move in who only has a suitcase.

Things really don't spark joy in me.

I have changed my thoughts about things since selling our house of 17 years. The house we bought here is larger and three story and has quite a few empty spaces going "yoo-hoo". Since I know we won't grow old in this house, I am having fun with the acquisition and then shedding of things if they don't work out. Mostly all used so not at great expense or sentimental attachment. Lots of re-purposing just cause I like the creative aspect of that endeavor. The older I get, the less attached I get to keeping stuff, so at least to me, it becomes kind of fun to watch it come in and go out and on to some other incarnation - who knows where.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I have changed my thoughts about things since selling our house of 17 years. The house we bought here is larger and three story and has quite a few empty spaces going "yoo-hoo". Since I know we won't grow old in this house, I am having fun with the acquisition and then shedding of things if they don't work out. Mostly all used so not at great expense or sentimental attachment. Lots of re-purposing just cause I like the creative aspect of that endeavor. The older I get, the less attached I get to keeping stuff, so at least to me, it becomes kind of fun to watch it come in and go out and on to some other incarnation - who knows where.

That is an interesting acrivity, pinkytoe, and one I can relate to. I would be fun to swap out decor regularly and completely tomgive new looks to a room, or a shelf, or a table, or etc. One can do a lot with fabric and a few things from the thrift store.

Thread Information