Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next project idea

Next project idea

I did a pile of hats this weekend, they are fun and easy. And then i was thinking about a freeform shawl, i made one i love but I never wear a shawl. After some Pinterest time i am thinking about doing a sweater in a freeform style using a sweater i have for sizing. I can use all these fancier yarns without having to get enough for a whole project (most of it was in bulk bags, I don't buy fancy yarn).

I will post some pics as I go, worst case is that i tear it put and start over

I had been slowing working down my gigantic yarn stash over the last couple of years. BUT... a sister called and said a friend has a huge stash from a recently deceased relative. I will be picking it up this weekend.

Actually, I'm quite excited about it and wondering what kinds and colors will be included - although I don't know where I'll be storing any of it. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

So true, i rent a room so i take my yarn stash back to my storage unit between classes I teach. I provide yarn for the students or they can bring their own.

I am all jealous of a new yarn donation, tell me what you get!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I am all jealous of a new yarn donation, tell me what you get!
    Four large black garbage bags! Most of it is 31 skeins of black chunky yarn - lol. I've already started an afghan for my child. College furniture is black, so this will fit right in.... all black with pinstripe-like grayish stripes every 10 inches. Also two bags of not-completed-projects. No patterns with them but I'm going to see what I can do. And this is supposedly only about a tenth of what this individual had!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

I am doing slouchy hats with chunky yarn, and I even bought some yarn to do them with. Really i just dont have enough time to crochet what I want

My latest knitting project was cozys for my car door interior handles. The stupid chrome cracked and was cutting my fingers every time I opened the car doors from the inside. New chrome handles are over $40 each so until I find salvage yard ones a lot less expensive cozys it is!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I knit scarves for the homeless year round and then at Xmas bring them to a soup kitchen. They let people pick out what they want so I make them for men, women and kids. I usually have 100. I had labels made that say “handmade with love by Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I knit scarves for the homeless year round and then at Xmas bring them to a soup kitchen. They let people pick out what they want so I make them for men, women and kids. I usually have 100. I had labels made that say “handmade with love by Terry.
    That is fabulous!!!!

Just an update on the yarn stash - have made my son a ripple afghan, all black with 6 individual rows of gray evenly spaced. I've also just finished an light beige, open crochet afghan as a wedding gift. There were about a dozen pre-knit squares in on of the bags. Couldn't find the pattern online, but DID find pictures of the identical squares used in a baby blanket. I have enough to make two baby blankets that I hope to have edged by the end of the week. It's been fun!

Wow that sounds great, I sometimes like to just use a stash instead of buying new yarn. It pushes the creativity in another direction.

Thread Information