Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So....what's up with Trump's staff and the criminal activities and what does it mean?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What does “impeachment” mean?

Presidents Johnson and Clinton were both impeached, both remained in office.
    interesting reading is the Clinton case. It involved sexual conduct and lying about it back when the Republican Party was the high moral ground Christian and anti deficit party. All this impeachment talk is wishful thinking. Trump wasn’t kidding when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue and it wouldn’t matter. The current small government crowd seems to want to limit interference in gun ownership and taxes but woman and gay rights is open hunting season. The narrative that all democratic crates want open borders is ridiculous and a scare tactic. If our congress and senate did their job and addressed the faults with out immigration system we would not be in this mess right now. Why do we still have birthright citizenship? Why can children in this country illegally get free lunch and free education?

i cannot imagine circumstances where he will be put out of office. As long as there is a R majority and most likely even if there is a flip come November. Trump and his flock of felons (everybody does crimes like Manafort and Cohen he said) are at the helm expect mireexaggeration, gaslighting and quietly making changes to give even more power and money to rich white men

Sadly, Flowers is right about Trump and gang. I believe in birth citizenship as well as free lunch and education. This is the next generation and you don’t want a bunch of dummies around.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    interesting reading is the Clinton case. It involved sexual conduct and lying about it back when the Republican Party was the high moral ground Christian and anti deficit party.
    It annoys me when Republicans act like Democrats but it's offset by my enjoyment of watching Democrats blame them for acting like Democrats.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    If nothing negative happens with the economy, if Trump doesn’t get removed from office for some heretofore unknown real crime and if he remains healthy.......Trump will undoubtedly be re-elected. Putin will make sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It annoys me when Republicans act like Democrats but it's offset by my enjoyment of watching Democrats blame them for acting like Democrats.
    you are welcome. I aim to please.

Depending on the next several shoes that may drop this whole thing will tell us more about the rest of the republican politicians than anything else. Personally I wouldn't even vote for any of them for dog catcher because they don't seem to be up to the task of providing checks and balances against the executive branch. If we elected sad Paul Ryan dog catcher he'd probably only go after the chihuahuas for fear of pissing off trump's racist base if he went after any true-blue american dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    So you are hoping for a President Pence.
    I'm not a fan of Pence. But he would be better than that insane, megalomaniac sitting in power at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    interesting reading is the Clinton case. It involved sexual conduct and lying about it back when the Republican Party was the high moral ground Christian and anti deficit party. All this impeachment talk is wishful thinking. Trump wasn’t kidding when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue and it wouldn’t matter. The current small government crowd seems to want to limit interference in gun ownership and taxes but woman and gay rights is open hunting season. The narrative that all democratic crates want open borders is ridiculous and a scare tactic. If our congress and senate did their job and addressed the faults with out immigration system we would not be in this mess right now. Why do we still have birthright citizenship? Why can children in this country illegally get free lunch and free education?

i cannot imagine circumstances where he will be put out of office. As long as there is a R majority and most likely even if there is a flip come November. Trump and his flock of felons (everybody does crimes like Manafort and Cohen he said) are at the helm expect mireexaggeration, gaslighting and quietly making changes to give even more power and money to rich white men
    Congress cant vote away birthright citizenship. That is in the 14 th Amendment and change is a lengthy process of states voting as well as Congress. I wouldnt blane lack of action on this issue on Congress and I doubt it would pass in the states. But I like the idea, generally, without knowing the nuances of it.

Why do you think children (I assume you mean those here illegally) are receiving public education and free lunches despite laws saying otherwise? Are there actually local laws forbidding noncitizen children from going to school?

I wont bother to address the charge that Republicans are hypocrites for wanting small government but attack rights of women. I think that is silly.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-24-18 at 6:57pm.

Yppej
    We need the children to fund my Social Security benefits someday. I think Trump has more of a legitimate issue with chain migration. Why are people like Melania's parents who are older, won't be working, but will be increasing our health care costs getting in?

Yes, you educate the kids, but then they work for decades. Without immigrants you run into declining population as has happened in parts of Europe where they have had to actively recruit people to come in to avoid the local economy collapsing.

Iris, phyler vs. doe decision allows children to attend schools k-12. Regardless of immigration status. And teach them English. And they are fed if eligible.

I only pointed it out because our schools are not doing that great in educating kids, for a variety of reasons. This is a big obstacle in some school districts. And why some people are very upset about illegal immigrants. Not legal immigrants.

http://www.k12.wa.us/MigrantBilingua...antRights.aspx

Thread Information