Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So....what's up with Trump's staff and the criminal activities and what does it mean?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

So....what's up with Trump's staff and the criminal activities and what does it mean?

What does it mean for America, meaning will anything change after this Tuesday and two key individuals in Trump's rise to the Presidency/power getting busted? Does this mean I can finally wear my thrift shop outfit at the planned triumphant Neighborhood Block Party in the zip code you all know I live in? What does this mean for the future of the GOP and for the US economy and overheated stock market? For Human Rights and Human Dignity?

In short, do you believe anything may change now, and if so, what? For me, the jury is out and I don't know that to make of all of this. I can say however that folks I've talked to who live in the Pura/Puro 85006 and work at the airport are of the opinion that it's not much longer now and the Thug of Orange will be kicked to the curb, forced into the social status of washed up wealthy has been. One can only hope........Rob

Trump is unaware of criminal activity so all is well.

Sitting Presidents are not charged so now he is motivated to seek a second term. Your outfit will be sadly dusty before you ever get to wear it I am sad to report

No. Nothing will change.

Yppej
    I don't see why sitting presidents should be above the law. That attitude in other countries is why people there have resorted to assassination. At least here we have the option of impeachment.

What struck me, as an outsider, is that the system of checks and balances is in operation.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I don't think anything will happen. I just read a quote in the NYT: "Trump's base will cling to him like barnacles to a sinking ship."--he's created a cult of personality.

And to be honest, Bill Clinton's Lewinsky thing barely put a ding in his legacy.

The way this country works, the stock market would have to crash during Trump's administration--then there would be a public uproar. People don't care about the reprehensible behavior or the tawdry character of their leaders. The bar is very, very low, especially when you get what people perceive as a Golden Goose in office. Doesn't matter that Trump may have engaged in criminal activity
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don't think much legal action will come of this, but it's a huge feather in the cap of dems and mid-terms. I can see a lot of campaigning on corruption issues as the circle of improprieties grows beyond Gates, Manafort, and Cohen and mere payoffs to silence affairs. The Manafort part of things add to the legitimacy of the Mueller investigation. One news item a saw said polls show an 11% increase in support of the investigation and our Republican senator reaffirmed his support for Mueller yesterday. I suspect more shoes will drop and things will be increasingly more interesting.

Strange how sometimes our laws and checks and balances can even protect the worst president ever. Seems like some of them shoot us in the foot.
    What's really unfortunate is that people don't understand that quite often, the things done by a good president, or a bad president don't show their effects until the next president is elected. Then good things get credited to the previous president, and the bad things get credited to the new president. The next president (HOPEFULLY, not Trump), will have a huge mess to undue............and then it will look like he/she is bad because he/she was left with such a mess to clean up. Sort of like Obama after GW. There's always quite a lag time for good and bad things done.

So you are hoping for a President Pence.

Thread Information