Thread: my stupid driving today

my stupid driving today

To start off I feel a little stupid, I got my car from my dad. He takes very good care of things, he had a chart of all the oil changes and work done. So it felt great to get this car that was 200K miles. It is a Honda CRV. I was really sure my dad said it was an all wheel drive. However I notice it slips and slides more than the Subarus that I have owned.

So I tried to go up to the foothills outside of Boulder today, while it was snowing, because I thought the car was AWD. Apparently it is not, and I had to turn around, I had some scary slippery moments, and I tried my chains but they got me out of where I was at however they were not the right size. I was too nervous to stop to pick them up so I left them.

My goal now is to get a manual transmission Subaru outback in less than a year, before next winter. I really loved them when I have had them and they had the best snow handling ever.

Guess I am not so invincible because I learned to drive in the mountains.

You will find you will have better AWD performance with the auto transmission in the Subaru.

Good to know bae, I really like manual but it is easier to drink tea with an automatic

I think in snow - a two-wheel drive with snow tires beats an AWD with regular tires.

I was always used to switching over to 4 wheel drive but my car has automatic 4 wheel drive sensors. It always freaks me out when it switches over itself. I think I miss the control.
    I also miss manual transmissions but it seems hard to find them these days, even in trucks. My stupid knees however appreciate auto transmission. Last time I drove manual I hurt for 3 days.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I think in snow - a two-wheel drive with snow tires beats an AWD with regular tires.
    If one counts the number of SUVs and pickups seen in the ditches every time it snows, you'd conclude this is true.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Steve, that is our thought as well. Overdriving for the conditions.

Thread Information