Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anger

I am FIREd and have a pretty low-stress life so I would probably not put so many conditions on a visit, either -- I just meant it as a suggested minimalist/boundary setting approach for those who find such things very stressful, especially when they are juggling work, kids and other types of commitments.

If you want to be a hotel, that's fine -- I'm sure people will appreciate your hospitality. But I really dont understand bending over backwards to accommodate people when it makes you unhappy. They want a place to stay? Fine, you have a free bed. But I don't see why that has to entail a full-out sacrifice of all your personal plans/needs, especially on short notice.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Williamsmith
    My family tradition provides for much bending over backwards for relatives and friends including being a gracious host in all the usual aspects of food, drink and bedding. But house guests don’t touch the thermostat or the television zapper or I breaka you fingers!

That's so funny, Williamsmith. My family tradition would require not watching the television if guests were there unless they selected the show!
    I would consult on the temp but that would be a hard one to give up. . .

When we were raising the kids we would invite my in laws to visit and gave them our bedroom and slept in kids bed and kids slept on floor in sleeping bags. Even though those were busy years I always enjoyed hosting them. I would invite my family for dinner too and we all got to visit. Such fun. They lived across the country and would stay about 4 days which was perfect. We never watch TV either when we have company. My son is coming for 3 weeks Wednesday so am making all his favorite meals. He then is moving to Vietnam to teach English.

Thread Information