Thread: Google flights?

Google flights?

Anyone use Google flights?

A colleague of mine, who is about 24, showed me how it works today.

I am old so I was still using Expedia.

But we were talking about our travel dreams. I was saying how I want desperately to travel to Azerbaijan or Brazil. I told her I looked up flights and how much they cost. She got on Google Flights and showed me how to knock like $500 off the prices I was looking at!

She recently traveled to Iceland, Norway, and Denmark in a single trip. She had previously traveled to Mexico and Peru. But she has travel dreams too -- of Italy and of a couple domestic destinations such as Moab, UT. She knows how to get good prices!

No never heard of it.

I use those sites to just get estimates of prices/flights etc. I book mostly with the airlines. Cheapest flights often come with uncomfortable routes, airlines, times, etc. Had one one time that suggested a less than 45 minute layover was fine in Atlanta. It is not especially with a transfer from domestic to international.

I prefer Google Matrix. You can see the best time to fly in a month and see layovers, etc. It is a matrix so you can manipulate the information to what suits you best to find the best prices.

Thread Information