Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The challenge of today

The challenge of today

I am still trying to learn to juggle fasterinstead of dropping some balls, but today I have two critical areas.

one is a whole herd health issue with my goats, and the other is all the paperwork I have put off for school.

so, i’m Going to keep checking in to keep track of my progress and i’d Love done cheerleading.

goats:
    critical:
    give meds - done
    drive to next town to pick up more meds (2 hour errand)

Important:
    clean stalls

work:
    Critical:
    welcome letters, materials lists, and class outlines for 11 classes - 5 repeats that just need edits, and 6 new from scratch
    finished 2 repeats so far

important:
    displays for two new classes (can be done/completed tomorrow morning)

Awesome, may i join you if i check on you too? I have random weekend tasks that tend to take over and i dont get the other things done.

So all the weekend stuff, laundry, vacuum, yard cleaning (i am going to get all the branches soon, argh),
    Then a crochet newsletter with photos started, this one is one hats

Write down my dharma talks from notes, time to make them 30 minutes, save to google drive available off line (one this weekend)

hike today on way to see friend in Boulder

Take my daughter to witchy store sunday

See grandbaby sunday
    Or get tattoo sunday

Joining me is great!

i completed the hardest new class from scratch. I shall now reward myself with a 15 minute break during which I will do light housework just to be active and make a pot of herbal tea.

Started my dishwasher, drank my tea, finished two more new classes, and am going to make the trip for the medication.

how are you doing Zoe Girl?

Smart of you to tackle the hardest class first and bonus points for having fun last night! My class I teach starts Monday and I am looking forward to it. I work 36 weeks of the year which is teaching it 3x’s a year.

I'm pleased to cheer you both on for tasks completed and taking breaks to keep up the momentum. Bravo to you CL for getting the 4 from scratch classes done and medicating your babies. Zoe, Good luck on finishing up some of the tasks.

So far I got my tomatoes out of the garden, had a job coaching session that was awesome, am doing laundry, and made a shopping list. I am eating scrambled eggs with veggies from the garden, getting over too much sugar yesterday.

I think I will work on one dharma talk, however as soon as I put laundry in the dryer I can take off, hike, and go to my friends' house in Boulder. So need to work fast. Not sure I can work in the tattoo.

Thanks Teacher Terry and nswef!

Nice job Zoe Girl!

how did you do on the Dharma talk?

my errand was actually faster than I expected and I have been cranking on the paperwork (I can cut and paste large sections for some of the classes.) I have one repeat class to edit and one new class to write (no cut and pastes on this one though) plus displays and stalls - in that order of importance.

break to move around again.

Ok, I did the new class. One repeat class, displays, and stalls.

every time I do a new class write up I want to jump in and get started right away “oh! This is what we’re going to do first! And then this! And OH! I want to add this other thing, and why can’t I drive to school right now and get started?!”

also, I am feeling really grumpy about not being able to set my room up yet. As I write i’m Visualizing exactly how I want it for open house, and I wish I had a magic mirror and a wand so I could look at my room from here and move things around and write on the board - hangman! We have to have a hangman up behind the word play class handouts....

Well the dharma talk I started re-writing sucked, so I went hiking and thought about it. It was a metaphor of hiking talk so that felt like research.

I came down and met a friend at a food truck and found out the founder of Dharma Punx/Against the Stream was taken off the board, found guilty of misconduct, and as one of the results the entire Against the Stream organization is closing (funding issues). The investigation has been going on since March, 7 allegations, and a lot of people pissed off. So now I want to write about how being a Buddhist and being a punk have the same basic roots, and are not dependent on a teacher who is quite fallible.

Meanwhile 22K steps today, a tasty dinner and going to sleep well.

Thread Information