Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

John McCain

News of John McCain’s death last evening brought great sadness across our nation. He served our country his whole life, and admitted his faults. Rest In Peace.

My condolences. A unique and courageous man.

I know that some will try to diminish him in some way for political reasons but i think of those as drowning people who have to clamber on another trying to survive.
    Until one has walked in McCain's shoes over his lifetime, one has limited understanding of his choices and rationale for his decisions. RIP.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

RIP!

He was a awesome man. Although, I am a democrat I really respected how he didn’t come home from Vietnam early by taking the Vietcong deal but remained with his men. I saw a documentary on it. He put country before party.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Though it's true that I live in the 85006 and therefore am a Democrat as realistically I have no other option - I did respect John McCain, especially for his willingness to stand up to Trump and for the political payback he doled out to Trump via derailing The Thug of Orange's attempt(s) to repeal ObamaCare. Who knows how many lives this man saved via standing up to the Thug of Orange with one simple word - "No". Amazing how just one word can save human lives. RIP Mr. McCain. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Though it's true that I live in the 85006 and therefore am a Democrat as realistically I have no other option - I did respect John McCain, especially for his willingness to stand up to Trump and for the political payback he doled out to Trump via derailing The Thug of Orange's attempt(s) to repeal ObamaCare. Who knows how many lives this man saved via standing up to the Thug of Orange with one simple word - "No". Amazing how just one word can save human lives. RIP Mr. McCain. Rob
    I agree. And if I remember correctly, did he say "no" or did he simply give a thumbs down in front of the Senate in that very dramatic appearance on the floor?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

When running for president a woman at a town hall meeting said Obama was Arab and McCain defended Obama’ saying he was a decent man. He had integrity.

A vanishing breed--an old school Republican, capable of working across the aisle. We need to bring that kind back.

So sad he's gone. What a brave, good man.

It's a sad commentary on our times that so many of us can't eulogize a guy without taking swipes at someone else they don't like.

Thread Information