Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pope Francis Should Resign

It seems to me like the Catholic Church has improved exponentially since parishioners were not burned for possessing the bible in their native language and the days of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre are long gone. I don't think replacing the pope would change anything. Allowing priests to marry would go a log ways to resolving the root cause of things. In a discussion with a cranky uncle the issue of priest marriage came up. He said not only should they be allowed to marry, but it should be a requirement.

Yesterday on the news I heard that New Jersey set up a hotline for state residents to report abuse by priests. The phone lines were so jammed people couldn't get through and they had to hire a bunch more people to work in the call center.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yesterday on the news I heard that New Jersey set up a hotline for state residents to report abuse by priests. The phone lines were so jammed people couldn't get through and they had to hire a bunch more people to work in the call center.
    I readily admit to having a sick sense of humor. This is frigging hilarious!

As a child, the Catholic Church taught me the value of empathy and forgiveness. And guilt. But that's about it. I bet this cloistered pedophilia stuff within the church has been going on for centuries. Interesting how men all over the place are being called out for lack of control over their little heads.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    As a child, the Catholic Church taught me the value of empathy and forgiveness. And guilt. But that's about it. I bet this cloistered pedophilia stuff within the church has been going on for centuries. Interesting how men all over the place are being called out for lack of control over their little heads.
    Its not about sex. It’s about power.