Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Deserves Better....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Arizona Deserves Better....

Than Donald J. Trump. It's just been so disrespectful, the Thug of Orange's behavior since John McCain passed. I can understand that The Orange Thug is petulant due to John McCain having derailed him on ObamaCare repeal......but this is ridiculous. Trump really needs to suck it up and say a few kind and humble things about McCain regardless of how galling it may be to do so......as I see it, his behavior here is fodder for the Democrats to make the most of.

Ay carumba, not only did I not vote for him, but my zip code actively rejects him and that which he stands for. At least I have that much going for me when I look in the mirror every day. Rob

So if something happened to Trump, would you pay your respects to him laying in rest? Does McCain's family want him to be there?

Obamacare was only saved to a degree, it's been messed with in many ways and so is getting more and more expensive etc. (not saying it was the perfect plan ever just saying Trump etc. has deliberately made it worse). I mean it's to the point that California is now tacking rather hefty fees on silver plans just to make them solvent. Uh this is not because California is the bad guy, they actually want the ACA to work here, it's a necessity to do so, BECAUSE of actions of the Trump administration making the ACA worse. It is to the point that sometimes a gold plan is hardly more than a silver due to all the fees. The ACA seems a gift that keeps on giving Dems defeat, because it always comes out prices have gone up yet again right before election season (and this is getting worse because Trump etc. are deliberately making the ACA worse).

How one honors dead politicians one disagrees with, I don't know, I'd be ok with letting them rest in peace, I just don't like being told I have to pay them great honors. Neither do I act in official capacity, so heck no I don't have to.
    Trees don't grow on money

McCain, unwavering champion of LGBT rights.

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2018/...n-lgbt-rights/

Rob, why not try putting yourself in the mindset of those who might feel negatively about the late senator? You can use the example of the president and think about how much you despise him, as you have publicly stated.

It would seem that some felt very negatively about the senator prior to his passing, and I would think that they were also hypocrites to do more than remain silent and express condolences to his family. Why should they be expected to lie?

Why would you expect the president to lie, either?

The president is expected to act cordial in such situations and not like a child. McCain expressly said he didn’t want trump at his funeral just like Barbara Bush said. Very telling that 2 prominent republican families don’t want him to attend. I would guess that’s a first. Trump could have left the flags at half mast and put out a decent statement. It isn’t that hard to be cordial. Expectations come with the highest office in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Rob, why not try putting yourself in the mindset of those who might feel negatively about the late senator? You can use the example of the president and think about how much you despise him, as you have publicly stated.

It would seem that some felt very negatively about the senator prior to his passing, and I would think that they were also hypocrites to do more than remain silent and express condolences to his family. Why should they be expected to lie?

Why would you expect the president to lie, either?
    I did not ever vote for McCain but RESPECT his service to our country both as a veteran and as an honest politician. Trump showed lack of class and decorum in his actions.

I was never sold on McCain, but it doesn't take much creativity to come up with something positive to say on the occasion of his death.

For someone who berates those who would take a knee during the national anthem, saying they are disrespectful, well.....how about that up-and-down flag business?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Nothing wrong with taking a knee but plenty wrong with the up and down of the flag. He only put it back down because so many people objected.

Thread Information