Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the issue with secular mindfulness

Some of the recommendations are to not earn money with alcohol or drugs, weapons, and slavery/prostitution. So it is more than if it is legal, but in the end she was very understanding, I didn't have to go into a long explanation, and we are working this into my contract.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Maybe they’re not very good Buddhists. You know, like Christians who are sinners and go to church? We all carry-on in life doing the best we can do but we may not always reach the principles laid out for us.
    When I went to the temple the nuns tried to get people to go meat free one day per week. Vegetarianism was not expected, nor an alcohol free lifestyle for those who have not taken vows, though no meat or alcohol was served on the grounds.

This was Mahayana not Theravada Buddhism like ZG's.

I guess to your own self be true, Zoe....but as you can see, there are many who are not Buddhist (myself included) but who do practice mindfulness. Many also practice loving one another as they love themselves, but are not Christian, for example.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information