Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-D printed guns

3-D printed guns

What do you pro-gun people think about this?

They had the guy who is selling the 3-D instructions on a morning news show yesterday and he seemed like he should live in a place like Waco, etc.

He has absolutely no concern for the mass casualties that these guns could create, or how easily they can avoid detection.
    One interviewer asked how he felt about all the dead people at the shootings and he continued to quote the constitution and then said something like "Well, the law will deal with it afterwards." WTF? After all the people are dead??
    It was pretty frightening listening to him.

To allow these to be made is just insane, IMHO.
    We seem to allow many things much too easily, without adequate foresight, or trying to give everyone every right there is, and then when they start causing problems, we think "Oh......I guess we shouldn't have allowed those"......

We reap what we sow.

Isn’t this one of those genie-out-of-the-bottle sort of things? Is it possible for governments to control internet content short of just shutting it down?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    What do you pro-gun people think about this?

They had the guy who is selling the 3-D instructions on a morning news show yesterday and he seemed like he should live in a place like Waco, etc.

He has absolutely no concern for the mass casualties that these guns could create, or how easily they can avoid detection.
    One interviewer asked how he felt about all the dead people at the shootings and he continued to quote the constitution and then said something like "Well, the law will deal with it afterwards." WTF? After all the people are dead??
    It was pretty frightening listening to him.

To allow these to be made is just insane, IMHO.
    We seem to allow many things much too easily, without adequate foresight, or trying to give everyone every right there is, and then when they start causing problems, we think "Oh......I guess we shouldn't have allowed those"......

We reap what we sow.
    I think you must be referring to Cody Wilson and defcad.com. Wilson actually has a company in Austin, Tx. While Austin is not exactly like Waco, neither is a violent place. Austin is actually quite liberal and progressive. Waco is a college town with a certain successful couple of real estate developers and hgtv personalities.

But Wilson came under fire from the DOJ for publishing firearms plans on the internet and was in the crosshairs Of the Feds for “exporting” in violation of trade laws. In the end the Feds could not prove their case and while not technically exonerated, he did win the freedom to continue publishing under free speech defense.

The 3-D printed firearms have always been required to contain a certain amount of metal that is detectable by security scans. The technology is readily available to anyone with the financial wherewithal to purchase it.

When the government can demonstrate it is capable of handling the everyday gun violence we already have with conventional weapons , say in Chicago....without tramping on the inalienable rights of US citizens.....I’ll consider letting them take a stab at the whole plastic gun thing.

Cathy, it makes me sick.

I know it's a very fine line between protecting society versus not taking away individual rights. But damn, life has gotten really bizarre and unacceptable in the U.S. in terms of violence. But our hands are tied to a very old constitution, which I'm sure, didn't mean for guns to be used the way they are being used now. And saying that printing instructions for a gun online is protected under free speech is crazy too. I'm afraid so many good plans of the founders have gone terribly awry.

I guess I’d get the facts on this matter before I got all upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I guess I’d get the facts on this matter before I got all upset about it.
    . What are the facts bae?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    . What are the facts bae?
    Do you think this seller of information should be shut down?

I am sorry the guy is from Austin. Bad apple in a good town. Cats out of the bag though by now.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Do you think this seller of information should be shut down?
    Yes.

Thread Information