Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facial Recognition Technology.....

Yppej
    My question is not, what is an app? It is what app did jp1 use to turn his phone into a security camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My question is not, what is an app? It is what app did jp1 use to turn his phone into a security camera.
    Ah, I thought that was an odd question coming from you.

Ha! I totally misread you. 😀

The app i ise is called presence. In three years of using it it’s been remarkably reliable. The one big difference between it and somw of the professional grade scurity products out there is that it wont alert me or upload video if our electricity, internet connection or wireless router goes down. Since the phone has a battery (obviously) it would still record the video and send it later once access was restored. It also has the shortcoming of not recording in the dark since it’s just the phone’s regular camera. Not normally an issue for us since anyone opening the door to our apartment is letting in light from the building hallway. Other people may find that an issue.

Yppej
    Thanks JP.

Thread Information