Thread: Halloween costume!

Halloween costume!

So excited, got more shoes (for a person with a small closet I sure have a lot of shoes) including red Doc Martens. Ahhhh, that means that I can do punk Dorothy!

Such decisions, should the skirt be full or straight? Do I do a simple pinafore top or a fitted bodice? Stick with my basic hair almost shoulder length, or add some white hair extensions for a better look?

Just got my sewing machine out of storage for a couple projects, some curtains for a retreat center, the costume and new robes for my nun. I even bought a new iron since mine was done when I downsized last time.

20 years ago when I first moved here my small department of 10 people decided we should be the Wizard of OZ since I had been living in Kansas. I was Dorothy. I recently found the pictures. Our clients thought it was funny. Our entire building dressed up. That was when we had a fun administration. 5 years later that changed.

We did it as a family costume one year, my son was little so I just made him a fuzzy vest and hood to be Toto. My poor ex was scarecrow and so he shoved hay in ripped jeans, and was allergic!! I made up all the costumes, simple sewing and found materials. What was really funny was that my daughter's best friend from that time found her on facebook and posted the picture of them both being Dorothy the same year. I was always kinda embarrassed because we were the family that seemed to always be the lowest income so I made everything from bread to costumes. Well her friend posted the picture and said she had always been jealous that my daughter had a homemade costume instead of store bought!

One year the small bank I worked at all dressed like convicts, with black streamers as jail bars. It was fun, not too many places are that much fun. If you have the pictures I would love to see them.

The pictures are on a coffee mug someone made us. It was fun to see how young and skinny we all were at age 44 and younger. I was never talented enough to make my kids costumes.

My husband is the creative one between us. When our youngest son was in first or second grade, my husband made him into an apple juice box, ALDIs brand, complete with barcode, straw, ingredient list, etc. My son was the hit of the Halloween parade that year.

Tammy, that sounds super cute!

Tammy that is awesome, I had one dad who made his daughter into a cupcake, with the hair styled as the top and everything. I wanted him to come teach an afterschool club.

Thread Information