Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Yang 2020?

Obviously, I believe any of the Democrats running would be a huge improvement over our Mob Boss in Chief, though I would be disappointed if Biden and a couple of others got the nod. They comprise a tremendously diverse and accomplished field.

ETA: Most of my friends and family use cannabis for pain relief/sleep issues. The idea that all dispensary customers are red-eyed stoners is a outdated as Reefer Madness, and as foolish as the idea that everyone who imbibes is a step away from the gutter. I have one friend who has been able to decrease their use of opioids considerably, thanks to cannabis. I would be very reluctant to support anyone who opposed legalization.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Obviously, I believe any of the Democrats running would be a huge improvement over our Mob Boss in Chief, though I would be disappointed if Biden and a couple of others got the nod. They comprise a tremendously diverse and accomplished field.
    Mob Boss in Chief? I like that - can I start using this? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Mob Boss in Chief? I like that - can I start using this? Rob
    Sure--I'm probably not the first to characterize him that way...And my words for him are as fluid as his lies.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

ETA: Most of my friends and family use cannabis for pain relief/sleep issues. The idea that all dispensary customers are red-eyed stoners is a outdated as Reefer Madness, and as foolish as the idea that everyone who imbibes is a step away from the gutter. I have one friend who has been able to decrease their use of opioids considerably, thanks to cannabis. I would be very reluctant to support anyone who opposed legalization.
    I agree. I think it's ridiculous to oppose medical marijuana. My husband just went through the lengthy process of getting his card in NJ. It took four doctor visits (required by the State of NJ before an MD can refer a patient), payment of a fee, an application that required all kinds of information, and an interview at the dispensary before he could get his first supply. Yet, any idiot can walk into a liquor store and swig Jim Beam in their car and kill someone in short order.

I do not partake recreationally myself--I never liked its effect on me--but I'll fight for anyone's right to use it freely, especially for medical purposes.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I agree. I think it's ridiculous to oppose medical marijuana. My husband just went through the lengthy process of getting his card in NJ. It took four doctor visits (required by the State of NJ before an MD can refer a patient), payment of a fee, an application that required all kinds of information, and an interview at the dispensary before he could get his first supply. Yet, any idiot can walk into a liquor store and swig Jim Beam in their car and kill someone in short order.

Well put. I do not partake recreationally myself--I never liked its effect on me--but I'll fight for anyone's right to use it freely, especially for medical purposes.
    As I don't visit doctors, and have no problem with using cannabis recreationally, I'm for blanket legalization. I've never found a strain that produced a high I really enjoyed either, but I'll lay in a supply of high-CBD edibles one of these days to supplement my OTC analgesics.

I don’t partake but it’s helped so many people.

I’m a libertarian. If people want to spend money to make themselves stupider for awhile, that should be legal. No need to claim weed is a magic elixir.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m a libertarian. If people want to spend money to make themselves stupider for awhile, that should be legal. No need to claim weed is a magic elixir.
    Condescending twaddle noted.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It's elixir enough for my husband, who has a degenerative spine and cannot take pain medications of any kind. It works for him.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Some kids have uncontrollable seizures that can’t be controlled by medications but Weed controls them. Cancer patients have found pain and nausea control.

Thread Information