Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: September Purge

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I know this is off topic, but does anyone else wonder if ultralite has a candle? You know, for power outages. And maybe romantic dinners. Or does he use a flashlight because he can camp with it? Or just his phone?
    I would bet $10 that he has no candle. He might have a flashlight, but
    I doubt it. Dont smart phones act as flashlights these days?

I am going to light a (beeswax) candle for you poor folks who have no poetry in your souls. Flashlights are wonderful, but not for ambiance!

OK. I like candles.
    I even light them outside around the yard just to enjoy little spots of joy.
    Oh, and my porches have candles.
    When we have friends over - jars of candles light the stone path to the front steps because I don't want anyone to fall and dang it I can't get the husband to put up any outdoor lights in the front.
    The other night...I had floating candles in my little pond (ok, that was a fail when they floated over by the waterfall).
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I am going to light a (beeswax) candle for you poor folks who have no poetry in your souls. Flashlights are wonderful, but not for ambiance!
    Haha, ok. I did get some of thise faux candles with batteries. I think they are pretty realistic. But we do have a woodburning fireplace, so we do enjoy that on chilly nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    OK. I like candles.
    I even light them outside around the yard just to enjoy little spots of joy.
    Oh, and my porches have candles.
    When we have friends over - jars of candles light the stone path to the front steps because I don't want anyone to fall and dang it I can't get the husband to put up any outdoor lights in the front.
    The other night...I had floating candles in my little pond (ok, that was a fail when they floated over by the waterfall).
    I'm glad I'm not alone, Float On! We sometimes light up our little gazebo with tealights on a summer night, and the effect is rather magical.

When I was young my sister and I had a candle lit dinner for Barbie and Ken dolls. But we wandered off for a minute and came back to a plastic table on fire and our bedroom curtains in flames. We managed to put it out and our parents never knew or asked where the one set of curtains went! Both smokers and 8 kids so a curtain wasn't a high priority! But since then,I am not a candle person, haha!

I use solar lights to see outside. Plus I have asthma and many candles are scented. Too funny about the doll party)

Yppej
    Replaced the broken tape measure. I feel like I don't have that much clutter but I do have a lot of broken or grungy things that need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Replaced the broken tape measure. I feel like I don't have that much clutter but I do have a lot of broken or grungy things that need to go.
    It's interesting the differences in humans. Something broken is either repaired or trashed in our home. Grungy clothes are the most worn in our home...until there are too many holes for public display in the front yard-then they hit the trash. That said, I will not speak to "his" woodshop.

Yppej
    Well it kind of sort of worked, but the end wouldn't stay down and you had to be careful or it would whip loose and hit you.

Thread Information