Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: September Purge

Took a trunk full of stuff to thrift store. My husband is cleaning out the garage. Yppej, don’t you have air conditioning?

Yppej
    Only upstairs where we have two room units. I sleep in the guest room at night when it is real bad but during the day I am downstairs so my electric bill doesn't go sky high. Already my son is running the A/C in his room pretty much 24/7.

When we lived in Wisconsin we only had window units in the bedrooms upstairs. The house was big so nothing downstairs for the same reason. Plus some summers you don’t need ac but with climate change that has changed.

My 7-year-old daughter and I weeded out 41 books from her bookshelves at the beginning of the summer, and they've been sitting in a box in our dining room all summer because she said she wanted to give them to a teacher at school. Finally today we brought them in to her new teacher. My daughter caught a glimpse, though, of one book she decided to keep and snatched it out for me to bring back home, and I did.

We also passed down a dress of hers to a friend. Total for month: 41.

I also returned a table runner to Amazon: 42.

You are teaching your daughter well)

Yppej
    A promotional comb that I got from a political candidate last election cycle. It was grungy and I replaced it but I got two years use from it.

As soon as my sister arrives with her SUV, we'll be off to Saver's to get rid of a pile of books, an old kitchen table, 4 guitar stands, and some little odds and ends from me, as well a large bag of clothes from her.

Good work folks. I cleaned a bookcase and donated 8-10 books to the library book sale and I have 4 to take to the reading room at school, a couple saved for Great Niece. cleaned another bookcase and got a PILE of magazines into the recycling- picked up yesterday!
    Feeling real good about that!

Old pictures I took in Jr High and High School are being tossed. I don't ever see any of those folks, and it's been 50 years in some cases since the pictures were taken. The actual album they were in was tossed into the dumpster a couple of days ago. I kept pictures of family, and a very few that hold good memories.

3 pieces of summer clothing have been donated as I put them on and realized they don't fit/I don't really like them. I have sorted my summer clothes so that I will wear or at least try on everything at least once before things get packed away for the season. I live in AZ so 'summer' lasts until sometime in November.

Most folks here now don't remember that I am the anti-Fawn. She was minimalist, I once counted just my dress slacks and had over 80 pr. I found several more after that. I am at a much lower number of clothes, especially since I retired, but it is still a work in process which started back then, maybe around 2000?
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Thread Information