Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Is U.S. Capitalism On The Brink Of Collapse?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    You clearly don't now what a false equivalency is. Quick, google it.

Also: I am not suggesting that every tax payer pay the same amount. I suggest that Peter, who is very rich, pay a lot more than Paul, who is just a workin' schlub.
    Need to be very careful here, especially with wording. Politicians do that all the time.
    It can be shown that the Peter IS paying more then Paul, but still paying a lower percentage, because of where the income comes from.
    I expect there could be a lot more fun with that, with Roth IRA's.

Good thing people like Alan and Iris Lilies stand up for the rich! Otherwise poor people and the Bernie Sanderses of the world would bully them and steal their yacht money! LOL

Yppej
    IL you know some parents are just not capable of that, and the children did not choose their parents and should not suffer. But do not worry, I have a revenue stream in mind.

I propose we soak the rich with luxury taxes. Any flight departing to or arriving from an international destination such as Israel, Uruguay, Cuba, Iceland or southeast Asia should have a $5000.00 tax on each passenger each way. That would raise a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    IL you know some parents are just not capable of that, and the children did not choose their parents and should not suffer.But do not worry, I have a revenue stream in mind.

I propose we soak the rich with luxury taxes. Any flight departing to or arriving from an international destination such as Israel, Uruguay, Cuba, Iceland or southeast Asia should have a $5000.00 tax on each passenger each way. That would raise a lot of money.
    And she is back at it! LOL
    Keep fighting the good fight, Jeppy!

I got a 2.67% raise at work. I am officially a $50,000aire.

Want to know why I got the raise? Merit.

Good thing people like Alan and Iris Lilies stand up for the rich! Otherwise poor people and the Bernie Sanderses of the world would bully them and steal their yacht money! LOL
    You know that's almost word for word one of my recent messages from littlebittybobby. Hmmm....
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    IL you know some parents are just not capable of that, and the children did not choose their parents and should not suffer. But do not worry, I have a revenue stream in mind.

LOL, or cause the rich to drive over the Canada/Mexico, take a boat to Cuba, etc. and fly from there.

All while, the rich celebrity coming over to sings, raised ticket prices enough so the average persons ticket goes up. (gets passed on to those with lesser income)

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    LOL, or cause the rich to drive over the Canada/Mexico, take a boat to Cuba, etc. and fly from there.

All while, the rich celebrity coming over to sings, raised ticket prices enough so the average persons ticket goes up. (gets passed on to those with lesser income)
    If the economy can be rigged to benefit the wealthy, could it not be rigged to benefit working families?

Really, Alan and Iris, no need to worry or be bothered at all. You guys have this thing in the bag. There will be no Bernie style revolution or policy changes in that direction. This game is all played out. You won the trophy.

The tax imposed to bully rich people and tax their yachts and airplanes in the 1990s pretty much destroyed the US yacht building industry (and much of the private aircraft industry). It put thousands of people out of jobs in my area of the country, and our boatbuilding industry here has not yet recovered. It raised very little money, but sure signaled virtue, at the expense of jobs and local economies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.c2972800377d

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You know that's almost word for word one of my recent messages from littlebittybobby. Hmmm....
    Indeed.

Thread Information