You have to ask yourself, is modern capitalism sustainable? Or will it just collapse under the production of its own massive wealth inequality. The future of capitalism seems to be endangered by its own success. I’m not suggesting anyone has a viable replacement, but I am suggesting we take a look at where this system we call capitalism is headed. It may be the only chance to cushion the fall.

I know Milton Friedman would like everything to be so simple. Just leave it to the “free market”. But is there such a thing these days? The extrodinary wealth inequality we are experiencing isn’t a result of free market as much as it is the manipulation of government by corporations for the benefit of their owners and CEOs. While the employees file for welfare benefits and work like rats in mazes to get by.

The distribution of medical care and the quality of treatment is laughable in the richest country in the world. Isn’t it ironic that we have public campaigns to entice people to pay attention to their health and at the same time subsidize a food distribution and production system that encourages people to eat an extremely unhealthy diet?

Is it truly impossible to design a tax system that redistributes wealth without crippling economic growth? At a time when one of our citizens is the wealthiest man ever to have lived ....ever and earns more than the entire GDP of a Middle East oil rich country.

Perhaps the most dangerous threat capitalism is to itself , is its ability to empower individuals and groups to purchase political power and influence which in turn facilitates more wealth. But don’t listen to me......listen to a guy you wouldn’t expect to be calling out the rich.....listen to Tucker Carlson of FOX News! So what do you think? Is capitalism “transitional?”