Thread: Hey UL wanna try looking for love/friendship in other places?

Hey UL wanna try looking for love/friendship in other places?

You live in Columbus Ohio? Well there is an event that is taking over your city soon from Oct 2 to the 28th Its Called The All American Quarter Horse Congress.
    for us horse people we just refer to it as "The Congress" . Most of the competitors are women in your age bracket. Yes there is some " conspicuous consumption" in some of the classes but if you go watch a lot of the Ranch Classes you may find someone who lives simply and loves dogs and has a good job. Live it up... Look outside your tightly drawn parameters. Ya never know what you find when you are not looking . If you want tp have a great time. get tickets to the Freestyle reining classes . There are awesome to see. You don't even need to know anything about horses to enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    You live in Columbus Ohio? Well there is an event that is taking over your city soon from Oct 2 to the 28th Its Called The All American Quarter Horse Congress.
    for us horse people we just refer to it as "The Congress" . Most of the competitors are women in your age bracket. Yes there is some " conspicuous consumption" in some of the classes but if you go watch a lot of the Ranch Classes you may find someone who lives simply and loves dogs and has a good job. Live it up... Look outside your tightly drawn parameters. Ya never know what you find when you are not looking . If you want tp have a great time. get tickets to the Freestyle reining classes . There are awesome to see. You don't even need to know anything about horses to enjoy it
    Thank you for this suggestion! I appreciate it.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

That is a wonderful thought!

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    I used to work as a stable boy.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Oh, I used to LOVE going to the Congress! thanks for the mini-memory lane trip, boss mare!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    Oh, I used to LOVE going to the Congress! thanks for the mini-memory lane trip, boss mare!

Its still on my bucket list. I have shown ApHC at the National and World show. Been involved with ApHC for over forty years. Just got my first APHA a year ago.
    My friend is moving from WA to Scottsdale in Oct. So now I can go visit her and go watch Sun Circuit and the big Arab show at West World. DH can watch the Barrett -Jackson car auction too LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I used to work as a stable boy.
    That is awesome !!!