Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simplifying my religion...

Do they still do formal excommunication for this sort of paperworky purpose?

I know it's pretty trivial to achieve excommunication latae sententiae, but there's no paperwork. Just as good though.

Going for the maximum drama? You can file a Defectio ab Ecclesia Catholica Actu Formali, but I think that only results in an annotion to your record.

Why don't you harass them that they choose to remove you. Jesus loves the little children, doesn't mean your priests should take that literally.

Maybe in the near future they will have a website where you can easily join or leave.

Williamsmith
    As I said, the reason it’s so hard to remove membership is financial. The only way I can assure that a representative from my church will visit me is to fail to turn in an annual pledge card. The door bell will ring promptly the next Sunday afternoon. If I don’t pay my annual percapita tax then the church will take it from the general fund and send it to the synod. No choice even though they pretend it is voluntary. Lots of wrist turning goes on. When the church does good things then people put up with the hard leaning tactics to wrestle funds from the members. But when the church is responsible for preying on innocent lives...people start examin8ng what they are supporting financially.

Thread Information