Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It's too bad Republicans stonewalled Merrick Garland. He seemed likely to be a responsible, centrist jurist. Now it's likely we'll be stuck with this unspeakable (literally--he answers nothing honestly) character. Corey Booker just introduced "forbidden" documents into the records. It will be interesting to see the fallout.
    The one thing that is harder to get rid of than President Trump......a Supreme Court Appointee.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    i watched the hearings this morning. He seems very bright, well, versed in the law and the protesters that were hauled out seemed pointless.
    I've watched each day of the hearings and have been tempted to keep a log of times when protesters erupt. One or more seem to stand up and shout every 15 to 20 minutes, almost as if they're following a schedule. I'm wondering what the point of that is as well.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've watched each day of the hearings and have been tempted to keep a log of times when protesters erupt. One or more seem to stand up and shout every 15 to 20 minutes, almost as if they're following a schedule. I'm wondering what the point of that is as well.
    Alan, the cameras don’t show the director, the cue cards and the key grip moving the microphones. Although, one time I swore I heard the opening riffs to “Baba O’Riley.”

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Alan, the cameras don’t show the director, the cue cards and the key grip moving the microphones.
    I don't doubt it's highly orchestrated as each protestor sits quietly for hours awaiting their turn. I just wonder who's funding and organizing it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    I don't doubt it's highly orchestrated as each protestor sits quietly for hours awaiting their turn. I just wonder who's funding and organizing it.
    My guess is it’s both parties. I call it the radical center.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It's too bad Republicans stonewalled Merrick Garland. He seemed likely to be a responsible, centrist jurist. Now it's likely we'll be stuck with this unspeakable (literally--he answers nothing honestly) character. Corey Booker just introduced "forbidden" documents into the records. It will be interesting to see the fallout.
    Yeah. I see he’s comparing himself to Spartacus now. In order to compete, Kamala Harris will need to show up in one of those Handmaid’s Tale costumes tomorrow.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    conspiracy theory alert. Maybe a group of people decided on their own to attend the hearing and disrupt at intervals. Or maybe one of the busses that picked up voters to illegally vote for Obama was left over and they transported people and paid them to attend.

Why does everything Democrat have to be linked to people being paid off. Unless all those MAGA rallies the Pres is holding are bussed in and paid.... equally silly conclusion.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Yeah. I see he’s comparing himself to Spartacus now. In order to compete, Kamala Harris will need to show up in one of those Handmaid’s Tale costumes tomorrow.
    how dare they speak up. Only white men have the right to do it....

you know one of the jokes about the mysterious op ed writer was:

wait...I have it, the writer was white. Most likely male.

personally I liked it when Kamala asked if there was any legislation that governed men’s bodies. Guess what, their is none. And you wonder why women get annoyed.

conspiracy theory alert. Maybe a group of people decided on their own to attend the hearing and disrupt at intervals. Or maybe one of the busses that picked up voters to illegally vote for Obama was left over and they transported people and paid them to attend.

Why does everything Democrat have to be linked to people being paid off. Unless all those MAGA rallies the Pres is holding are bussed in and paid.... equally silly conclusion.
    No conspiracy theories here, just wondering who organizes dozens of Handmaid Tales doppelgangers and hundreds (at this point) of individual protests scheduling their outbursts every 15 to 20 minutes within the hearing room.

During the course of my career I was on the protection side of dozens of protests which were all organized by just a couple of local groups and they did indeed pay protestors, sometimes in beer and cigarettes. In this case, it's the scheduling that piques my curiosity. It seems to be set up in such a way that the disruptions will continue for the maximum amount of time with the smallest number of participants. It doesn't appear organic at all.

how dare they speak up. Only white men have the right to do it....

you know one of the jokes about the mysterious op ed writer was:

wait...I have it, the writer was white. Most likely male.

personally I liked it when Kamala asked if there was any legislation that governed men’s bodies. Guess what, their is none. And you wonder why women get annoyed.
    They're both showboating in preparation for their upcoming Presidential runs. Why are you so hung up on race and gender?

Thread Information